The social worker responsible for carers came yesterday. She came to chat to hubby about what they can do to help. We're getting vouchers that we can use for personal care for me, stair and bath rails and Josh is being refered to the young carers so that he can get out on school holidays
I feel very down about it all today. I mean I'm grateful for any help, but accepting it a my age is very hard.
I wish I could just jump on a bus, go to town, have some enjoyable retail therapy and come home! ha, ha!! Not a chance. I'm hoping my walking may improve enough to walk a bit further then I wont be so reliant on people.
Knitting
Ive sorted out with mum to take the seams in on the sewing machine on the huge vest top,
so at least I'll be able to wear the top!!
I bought a couple of books with my birthday money, Twisted sisters sweater book, twisted sisters sock book and a book on lace shawls. I love the sock book. its got some new methods of dying that I havnt tried yet.
Forest Canopy is well on the way to being finished. I'm hoping to get it finished today so I can block it
On the dietary front Rachelmade me a lovely meal last night, pan fried salmon, potato rosti, which I didnt eat, and loads of sitr fry veg. she's going to cook with me at the weekend and leave me some meals for lunches next week. She's a lovely daughter.



2 comments:
Your daughter sounds like a great support for you.
The new books look ace!! It's frustrating not being able to do stuff, at least you have your crafts though, crafts are soothing for the soul, and you're being productive, creative and imaginative! Take care.. xx
You are going to love love love Wrapped in Comfort I want to do all of them - and I can't do lace :D
Hope today is a better day ...
Post a Comment