Wednesday, 3 October 2007

another knitting mess!!!

Knitting

Aggghhh! I've done it again! I'm finishing off my v neck vest and I've managed to knit the neck band across the shoulder shaping. I didnt realise of course until I came to join on the left shoulder. I've tried sewing it over the ribbing but it looks lumpy . So it looks as though I'm going to have to undo the entire neck ribbing! boo.Hoo!!! 130 stitches!!!! who would think that a simple jumper could get in a tangle? I was about to feel very proud that I'd actually finished something and now its gone wrong. Cry! I can feel a sock coming on!! But I mustnt abandon the vest, I want to wear it.

FM
The nurse came on Monday to measure me up for a wheelchair. it may take up to 8 weeks to get it as theres a backlog, but at least the NHS is providing. Its still hard to accept that I need it, but otherwise I'd be virtually housebound.
I was only thinking how my life had changed this morning when I was relaxing in the hydrotherapy pool. The other day mum was talking about her close friend who is very ill. she lives very near to me. I know if I was well and driving I'd be round looking after her. In a way I dont mind being as I am. it takes away the guilt or need to run around after everyone else and neglect myself. which is what I was good at. Mum is unable to get across town to her hospital appt. I felt cross at first that I couldnt help, but now it doesnt bother me. Infact in my art class last week a man took ill. I let others look after him till the ambulance arrived. My nursing days are over. I was surprised at how I've changed . I mean I wont sit back and be looked after, I hate being incapable, but i cant do for others as I once did and I accept it.

The pain is just as bad as ever, I received a letter from the hopspital giving me an appt for a clinic. it doesnt say what clinic so I presume its the pain clinic I've been referred to!!!
I managed 8 baby lenghts today in the pool which is very good. On Monday when I went the warm baby pool was being used for kids polo so I went in the freezing cold adult pool. BIG mistake!!! My legs froze. I could hardly walk and I couldnt walk up the stairs. Norman had to push and haul me up!!!

Cats

Cinders has taken to trying to get my attention when I'm on the computer. she comes up and taps me, meows and eventualy gets up and walks all over the key board and stands in front of the screen. its as if she's trying to stop me going on!!!
She was at the side of the 'pooter before. I'm sure she was looking how to unplug it!!!!

3 comments:

Fiona Reynolds said...

The vest will be lovely - don't give up.

Sorry to read the FM and services are giving you as much pain as each other.

Cinders said...

thanks Fiona,
I'm progressing well with the vest now, on the final arm ribbing and then the dreaded sew up!

Soo said...

Glad to hear that the vest is progressing better now than when you posted! Sometimes a little (loud) grrrrr and some time out make all the difference in knitting.