Monday, 15 October 2007

Socktober! Squishy yumminess and alot of noise!






Knitting
important things first!!! I've finally caught up with Socktober! I've fished out 1 poor lonely sock and decided to give it a mate!

These are 'Fancy Feet' from Knit Today, Oct 06


next a parcel arrived Sat Morning from Violet Greenhttp://violetgreen.co.uk/- (way I think a link may finally have worked!!!)

They are Supersock in colourway Jim and Merino 4-ply in Admiral. Cheered me up immensly. I used my birthday money, although this birthday money does seem to have been spent 4 times over!!!! I had what in yiddish is called a good 'kvetch' or feel translated. MMMM tactile therapy cant beat it!!!!



I've finished Forest Canopy- Hurray! Something actually finished!!Its blocking on my mat on the dining room table. Cinders keeps sleeping on it!!! She seems to love clean washing of any sort but its damp and I keep telling her she'll get a wet botty, but will she take any notice!!!!LOL!



FM

I feel much better and more cheerful today. I think I've finally won Hubby over to me buying a scooter! This happened on Saturday. I went to the local disabled shop to collect some wheelchair gloves I'd ordered. I asked him about scooters and he showed me a second hand one, hardly used, collapsible, perfect for getting out and about. I went back to the car and tried talking to OH but he wasnt having any of it. I ended up in tears frustrated, depressed. I told him to read my blog and see how down I was about being totally reliant on him to go out. I think it has worked as we went back to the shop to try the scooter out . I can have it on the proviso that a taxi will take it and help lift it in and out. I've checked today and they will, also I can use it on the metro. So More freedom for me. I've also been totally frustrated as if I run out of cahs I cant get any and have to wait for Norman to come home from work and go to the cash machine. A few weeks ago the kids raided my purse for dinner money and left me with 20p!!! So if it hadnt of been for the Taxi vouchers I would have been totally house bound that dya. At least if I have the scooter I can tootle to the cash machine. heres hoping

On the pain front things died down last week. But I was home with Josh and his stomach bug! I reduced my pain releif, last night I only took one tablet to help me sleep instead of 2. So I hardly slept am in alot of pain today!!! I've managed to bake a cake, but its totally wiped me out!! I havnt cleared up yet.

General
This is the noise bit! Josh has finally got his drum kit!!! ear plugs at the ready!! its in the garage. The house reverberated all weekend as he did his best Keith Moon impressions!! he had his i-Pod on and bashed away. Crikey its loud.

Now here is a good recipe for disaster!;


take one boy, one drum kit and mix with one mother suffering from FM and noise sensitivity!!!! Yeah great!!! good job I have ear plugs. he can only play up till 7pm cos of the neighbours and at weekends not till after 11am or later if I'm not up. Our bedroom is directly over the garage so I dont need vibrating out of bed!
Happy news. Sam is coming home this weekend. I'm really excited. I chat to him on MSN most nights, but its not the same. I'll have to try and not do my suffocating Jewish mother bit!!'Chuckily, your home. have some chicken soup, you look pale, you're not eating enough! etc, etc-my best Maureen Lipman doing beattie on the telephone ads! of course Sam has an 'ology'!!!

7 comments:

Viknits said...

Hey great to see yuo feeling more cheeerful, I hope the scooter will give you the freedom you need!! What a great idea!
I have to say FM seems to have some similarity to ME, but with more physical pain, and also similar to a severely underactive thyroid, again with more pain thoguh. They way you describe the fuzziness and everything is so similar to how I was feeling a few years ago.
Anyway, gorgeous socks!! And Beauuuutiful FC! Well done! What are you going to do next??
Vik x

Viknits said...

Yeah it's the name of the clay! I think it's the same as fimo, which I used years ago as a kid! You could get your DD to makeyou some cool stitch markers :D

knitty_kat said...

I'm glad to hear about the scooter for you. It will really help you get some independence back & the kids taking your $?! I think they need some butt kicking for not leaving you with anything.

Cheers!

knitty_kat said...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/socktoberfest/
There are buttons for Socktoberfest on flickr at the above. If that doesn't work, then you could save a copy of the one I have and use it on your blog if you like.
Cheers!

Cinders said...

thanks knittiykat. I'll try, but I'm useless at getting buttons that link!!

ContinentalCat said...

Just wanted to let you know I love the pic of the blocking FC with Cinders on top! Cats can get so 'involved' when it comes to knitting,

Fiona Reynolds said...

Yay! You're getting a scooter. Will you be ramraiding the IrnBru? Glad you're feeling happier though perhaps you should knit some earmuffs to cope with the drum kit?