Friday, 7 September 2007

Family Musings

Josh started High school on Monday. He seems to be very excited and happy at present with it all. he's plaguing big sis by following her around! I think the novelty of having a big sister in year 11 will wear off pretty soon. he gets the school bus home and crosses the main road by himself. very grown up. So far he's done his homework ewnthusiastically! We shall see how long that lasts!
As said Rachel strated year 11. How time flies. she's settled in very quickly. probably because its just an extention of last year.
We'er busy sorting out pots pans and bedding etc for Sams move to uni on 16 th, sniff wail!!! My big boy. There'll be a family trip up to Leeds on that Sunday to settle him in his halls and see him off. he doesnt want me to go incase I cry and hug him infront of his flatmates!!!! As If ....

FM
I am still totally knackered and in pain. The only good thing is that I'm sleeping longer at night so I dont need pain releif in the night so that I have an extra dose for daytime if that makes sense. I know what I mean!!
CATS
The other day I actually managed to walk to the corner shop and back-TA, DA!!! Sox followed me a good part of the way, incase my legs buckled and I needed him to prop me up LOL!!! he sat waiting for me and meowed at me as I was coming down the street. he then , silly boy, rolled over in the road for a tummy tickle! and followed me home. Its so long since I've made it the 60 or so yards to the corner shop, it really was as though he was following me to see if I was allright!

Knitting
Not too much happening. I'm still knitting 'blankie mark 2 for my neice . I'm using it to practise my lace patterns and not correcting the mistakes so it looks..er..interesting to say the least!!
I really want to do some socks but I MUST finish all these UFO's first.

4 comments:

scarletti said...

Good to have you back. 2 Big school milestones! How's the Delderfield going? if I remember right I cried like crazy at the first one I read. Sending Big soft vibes to soothe the tough stuff xx

Fiona Reynolds said...

Nice to see you back. Hope Sam enjoys Uni - he should have a blast in Leeds. How exciting that Josh has started senior school too. Sounds like you need a rest after those busy weeks.

Cinders said...

I've finished the RF Delderfield. I enjoyed them imensely.
I've just read Marley and me about the errant Dog. Even thoug I'm not a dig lover I loved this book. it made me laugh and cry.

Soo said...

Those aren't mistakes -- they are design modifications. Your own personal stamp on the pattern!