Monday, 3 September 2007

Phew! A Hectic 2 weeks!

I feel like I've been run over by a bus! What a hectic time its been. Firstly hosting the extra visitors. A mixed view here. I loved seeing my sister, neice and nephew, but I'm not used to the noise of little ones any more and I'm sensitive to noise these days with the FM. A great combination!!! Plus I hadnt figured on the rest of my family being so un generous! I was brought up in an open house, anyone could be fed , watered or housed at a minutes notice so I carried this on until I became ill 4 years ago. Then we became very insular. I couldnt stand noise, I couldnt cope with the extra cooking and I didnt have the energy to make conversation with people. The kids are more used to this than the old me feeding the 5, 000! Rachel gave me constant earache because the visitors were in her room. She was kicked out for 2 weeks. She keeps her room spotless and very tidy, unusual for a 15 year old! and she couldnt stand the mess of 3 extra people. But the worst was Josh! he was an embarrasment. He took exception to Zak who is 9, a lovely sweet kid but a bit goofy and prone to doing daft things. partly it was jealousy with Josh. he's the youngest, he hasnt had to share his grandparents for years . We unfortunately dont see alot of Hubby's brother and family,(Not for want of trying on our part-we gave up) so he's not used to cousins being around. As I said we've been very insular for years. But it came out of him eventually that he didnt like his cousin because he thought all the extra work was making me ill, (which was true, but I was trying and often failing to hide it). so he took exception to their presence. He's like a lioness around her cubs where I'm concerned and deeply protective. It wasnt too bad when we were in St. Annes , but once we got home he was murder and actually reduced me to tears twice because of his selfishness. he refused to share any toys, the computer etc. so life when we were in the house was one long battle of shouting, arguing and me sending him to his room. The rest of the time he chewed my ear off about my guests-'the'yre using it just like their own home'_ moan, moan. That is the idea, I replied.

On to the positive stuff. 4 days in a lovely hotel by the sea. 3 parties for mum and dads golden wedding and one for Sams 18th, though that was combined with one of mum and dads so there were still 3 parties!Phew! food and more food.

Fibromyalgia
I'm totally exhausted. my back is in agony. I've really suffered these last 2 weeks. Partly it was a concious decision. I knew it was going to be a hectic time and that I would over do it and suffer later. some times you have to make these decisions. The bit that upset me and everyone else was using a wheelchair to get around outside. it was fab in the sense that I could actually participate in outdoor social activities, but it was heartbreaking all the same. I was mixed in St Annes. I was very tired and stiff and in pain as the bed was like a brick, plus there was a different routine. I managed a few hours on the beach. One day I couldnt move I was so bad. that was the day the rest of the gang went to Blackpool Pleasure beach. In a way I was glad to be leftin peace and quiet. The kids brought me some breakfast to the room. I slept. Then I managed to hobble to the cafe in the hotewl for a sandwich for lunch and even made it across the road to the gardens on the front where I sat next to an elderly lady , did my knitting and nattered to her for a while. The 2 celebrations for Mum and Dad were hectic especially the one we had at our house which was also sams 18th party, but a friend made the fingers, we bought the deserts , so I supervised the setting up of everything. I did suffer in the week and Michelle and her 2 went out one day and left us and the next day she took her kids and Josh to the science museum. I couldnt have even sat in the wheelchair to be pushed round I was so knackered. Fri I really pushed myself as it was the last day and went for a pizza and bowling. I even managed 4 rounds of bowling before my body gave out! That was a business. when it was my turn I hobbled onto the bowling are with my stick, Josh carried the bowling ball and we swapped at the edge of the lane!! Then I handed over the rest of my games to the kids! I won !!! Amazing what you can acheive by not doing very much!!!LOL. My back is total agony dunno what I've done.

GL diet
Oh dear, am I still doing this? Oppps! I started out very well, being careful at the hotel, no deserts etc but it went down hill with each meal and each party we had so I think I'd better restart!!!

knitting
Not alot of activity I'm afaraid. I finished the back of the vest top and cast on the front. I managed to tink the lace that I did wrong but havnt tried again. my neice who is 6 has a beloved 'Blankie' which is worse for wear . it is pink and white and did have a lace pattern to it . Now it looks rather holey and tatered. I'm going to knit it a background so my sis can sew the tattered remains to it. I thought I'd try out my lace pattern on it and use it as a trial run so I dont keep needing to tink my shawl.

Oh dear

1 comment:

knitty_kat said...

Wow! You are a total trooper. It's really hard adjusting to changes (even temporary) when you aren't feeling well.

Even though it was a tough 2 weeks, it sounds like you had some fun. Take good care of yourself and feel better soon!!