Monday, 24 September 2007

RAVELLRY-I'M IN!!!!!!!

Yeeehaaa! my invite came last week. I've been soooo engrosed I've not had time for anything else.!! I still havnt put anything in my own file, I've been too busy oggling everybody elses lace and socks and dyed yarns!!!
Now to my own knitting up dates.
Camisole from Beads Buttons and Lace is bering frogged as we meet and is going to be turned into The Edward from Magknits- will see if this link actually works. They dont usually!!!!
I have been making a mess of my lace so I decided to follow the advice of my fellow Angels at the Angel Yarn forum and go back to bsics. I'm doing the Forest Canopy. I'm loving it. I found some Lana Grossa MegaSocks sokc yarn in my stash and I'm away. it knits really quickly. its taken me 4 days to get up to the final pattern repeat before I cast off!!!!


I've also been dying some yarns with Koolaid. I wanted to see if I could get pastel shades with them. it worked quite well Me thinks!!












This is my last purchase from WoolyWorkshophref="http://www.woollyworkshop.co.uk/">


Its Cherry tree Hill Apple Blossom. In Merino and Possum. its a special colourway from a competition. I liked the Possum bit and was keen to try it. Plus it was in the sale.

My V neck tank is amlost finished


I'm not sure the photo is clear.
phew I've been busy, but loving every minute of it!!!!

Family news
Sam left last Sunday for Uni. I do miss him terribly. I know you have to cut the apron strings and let them go, but its really hard! We went up to see him on Wednesday. he's only at Leeds. its 50 mins away. Infact it takes less time to get there than if he's been at manchester uni on the other side of town!!

Friday night and Saturday was Yom Kippur, another Jewish holiday. its a 25 hour fast . I'm not allowed to fast thankfully because of all my meds. I was never very good at it anyway!
yesterday we put up our Succah,Ready for yet another jewish Holiday of Succoth. You have to live in what is basically a shed without a roof. its to demonstrate your trust in God . Ours is a 3 walled chip board creation by Hubby which sits on the back of our house like a cheap conservatory!!!!! We dont live in a Jewish area and the first year we put it up the neighbours were intrigued. One of them wasnt to sure if I was being serious or not when I said it was our new conservatory and was up to stay!!! You're supposed to live in the Succah for 8 days. but we just eat our meals there although Hubby and the kids did sleep out in it one night. it dpepns upon the weather. So this week will be yet more eating asnd More food as we do the equivalent of Xmas day and boxing day again!!!! No wonder I'm not loosing any weight!!!

Josh's High school career has got off to a flying start and he's not surprised us by getting 5 detention points!!! he only needs 1 more to get a detention. he's been in school 3 weeks!!!! mind you they give them out for breathing in class!!!! he got one for Farting in class!!!! I couldnt get cross infact I burst out laughing!!! he wore this detention point like a badge of honour!!!!

5 comments:

Viknits said...

Hiya, your blog is really interesting with all your writing about your Jewish traditions.
What is fibromyalgia? (Not sure if I spelt that right)
And I think your dyed yarns look lovely!

Viknits said...

Thanks for the info Ruth! :) It sounds like the experiences I've had with having a severely underactive thyroid. I'm on med's for it now, but am still ill and none of the Specialists can work out why, despite zillions of tests. Isn't it frustrating? Do you think your mobility will come back one day? You should never give up hope. Have you tried osteopathy? homeopathy? You probably have tried everything, but an osteopath can do amazing things if you haven't, it's worth going down every route I think.
My Mum and cousin both had years of ME and Mum 20 years on still finds Doctors don't believe her. Grr!
Anyway.. Jack was from the Disney Store! I totally love the Nightmare before Christmas! They may have him in, you might be able to order online perhaps?
And as for the monkeys, I can't find them anywhere again, it seems to have been a one off unfortunately!
Vik x

knitty_kat said...

Hmm, Latkis! (hope I spelled that correctly). Is it appropriate to wish you Happy Holidays?

I love the dying you've done. I have to admit the second is my favourite, I'm a purple girl.

Cheers!

Fiona Reynolds said...

Yay!! On the Ravelry invite. I'm still waiting.

PS I do enjoy reading you're blog.

jennybean said...

Hi Ruth,
it's me Jen (auntsponge)...just wanted to say that I loved reading your blog tonight! Puts mine to shame as I've neglected it of late.
Hope your son has settled well at uni. sniff. sniff. and i hope you are coping in his absence too.
Your knitting looks fab and it was great reading about your traditions (had to smile at the thought of you being pushed up and down the hill to the synagogue...but hey well done!)