We've just celebrated Rosh Hashannah, the Jewish New Year and what a hectic time its been again. Our New Year is not like the British get pissed and throw up on the pavement type of new Year. it is a time for reflection and asking God for forgivness for all your sins during the year. Mine make a very long list!!! particularly when it comes to breaking Jewish laws!!!!Complicated. I managed to get to the Synagogue one day as the kids pushed me in the wheel chair. That was an unpleasant experience, being pushed up and down streets. There were some steep hills that I had to get out and walk coz the kids couldnt push me!!! the pavements are uneven. What a nightmare. We ate 5 family big dinners in all and then it was straight into the Sabbath Friday night, but luckily We were invited out for dinner Friday night.I'm bursting with chicken soup and chicken dinners!!!!
In years gone by I used to feed the 5,000. having guests for every meal, but those days are gone and just my parents came for lunch Friday.
This weekend sees the fast Yom Kippur, a very solemn day for repenting. I cant fast because of all the meds I take. I would get very severe with drawal if I didnt take them for 24 hours. I wont be going to the Synagogue either as I'm not allowed to be pushed in the wheelchair. Complicated jewish laws!!!!!
Sam has just in the last 15 mins left for Uni-Boo, Hoo,!! I dont feel tearful! Theres a revelation. I couldnt go with as theres no room in the car but he's home Friday anyway for Yom Kippur so I'm going back with him next Sunday to see his accomodation and the Uni etc. I think he's releived that I didnt go with incase I cried and showed him up!!LOL
Fibromyalgia
I cant find the colour changer ! its dissapeared. anyway I am having a very serious set back. I knew I would. I've really overdone things big style. I am totally wiped out. that is why I've not managed to blog for so long. I am in terrible pain and my legs wont take my weight . I can hardly walk. I've been in bed alot sleeping feeling very tearful and overwhelemd and vulnerable. i've been upset about a few things. One was the fact that whilst Michelle was over from Canada we never all got together to eat like indays of old. In the past when she came home we all ate at mum and dads or my house. This time my parents didnt eat with us once and Mich and the kids ate there a few times and I was releived to have breathing space. The fact that I havnt been able to entertain over the Jewish holidays and walk to the synagogue has upset me. its at times like these that I realise just how drastically my life has changed from this disability. And people still beleive its a made up illness, all in your head!!!! I'd like them to live in my body for 24 hrs and see how 'made up' it is!!!
Apparently its been national Fibro awareness week? Afraid its passed me by in a fug of pain and exhaustion.
I live from hour to hour from when its time for my pain releif to the next time. I wake up in the morning feeling like I've done 10 rounds with Mohammed Ali and it gets me down.
Knitting
One of my few joys in life. There hasnt been too much lately. My left arm has been very weak and aching so I've had to knit in fits and starts. I'm working on the front of my V neck top and also Talias lace blankie . I'm trying out the heart pattern which seems to be going better than the crest of the waves pattern!!! I'll try and photo some piccies and put them up.
I still cant work out how to uypload buttons to my blog!! Grrrr.
GLing
Ho Hum. I've given up with all the celebrations lately. i keep trying but failing miserably. I dont know quite what to do at the minute. I'm not in the right frame of mind to tackle my weight seriously but I dont want to get any fatter.
Cats
Naughty Cinders tried to piddle in my hat box yesterday!!!! I left the huge hat box out with the hat and tissue paper in it on my bedroom floor. Cinders went in it, started to rip up the tissue paper and Josh caught her trying to squat in the hat box!! she got ejected rather quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Happy New Year, ruth, and best wishes for health and happiness to you and yours. Thank you for popping by and saying hello - lovely to have the chance to meet new friends with whom we share a lot of common ground!
I was tested several years ago for a whole range of conditions, including FM. They eventually plumped for Rheumatoid Arthritis and also have a separate chronic lung condition that also involves chronic fatigue. So, I'm like a big sleepy wonder! I'm lucky that I still work - but to be honest, don't do that much else, as work leaves me so drained:( I've also got eldest daughter heading off to Uni this month - though she is not venturing far afield and will still be able to stay at home. I'm also on the GI diet and have managed to lose 1 stone 10lbs in the last few months. I would prefer to have lost 3 stones;) (but am happy enough with that as am on steroids). And what else, ohhhh, I knit too:)
Enough of my biography and look forward to chatting more in blogland with you!
Happy New Year - best wishes for the coming year.
Post a Comment