Weight loss
This first week and a bit has got off to a good start. 2 lb off in the first week! I'm finding cutting carbs very hard, but I know that as I'm so inactive and on all these meds that mess up my metabolism, its the only way I loose weight. I'm listening to Glennn Harolds weight loss CD which is helping. I have had a few bowls of cereal though and 1/2 a jacket last night but overall not much. TThis is NOT Atkins BTW! I tried that once and lasted 1 week. dreadful idea, all those eggs and cheese and cream YUK!!! I felt sick so abandoned it. I'm eating low GL and cutting out bread, spuds and pasta etc but using beans and lentils and barley for carbs.
Typical day;
Breakfast- stewed compot with goats yogurt
L- bowl homemade soup-at the mo its curried root veg and barley
D-tuna steak with veg/chicken of some sort with veg etc
snacks- fruit/nuts/seeds/humous and carrots
My idea was to up the exercise so apart from swimming to finally use the yoga DVD gathering dust on the shelf. Thankfully the DVD is titled Yoga for Energy and is aimed at people like myself with CFS/FM etc and is in stages. I managed the opening stretches and lying poses but then had to stop. eventually I'll staedily increase and be able, hopefully to do the full dvd. This is why I've not re-joined a yoga class. I reckon I could only manage 10 mins at the most.
KNITTING
On the knitting front I'm still doing the stepping stones Jacket from Colinette; finally a piccie of the back in progress and one of Cinders attacking the yarn whilst I'm trying to photograph it!!
FM
On the FM front I'm the same as ever. I went to The Trafford Centre again on Saturday, but on my scooter as I really couldnt walk 2 steps that day. I bought some own brand 'Ugg'Boots for £25 in the sale so that pleased me , and a large shoulder bag to go crosswise over my chest when I'm on my scooter. What drove me MAD on Saturday were the poeple who just barge into you or fall over you as they dont see you. or they stare at you like you've got 3 heads or something. It was worse still in the wheelchair though. Now I know how babies feel in their buggies.
My legs felt like My bones were full of broken glass on Sunday and Monday. and I was really exhausted. I just put it down to FM being worse than normal, but Monday afternoon I climbed into bed and the sweat was rooling off me. As my throat hurt to swallow, which is also normal for me, my tonsills flare up regularly, I decided I'd check my temperature. Low and behold it was high at 38c . No wonder I felt ill. I slept for the whole of the rest of the day and night and felt better yesterday. Thats it though, I can never tell if I have a bug coz I feel like I've got 'flu all the time!!
General Musings
General Musings
Rachel is well into her GCSE mocks and is studying hard. She's wonderful as ever. I was only thinking on Saturday how unselfish she is. NOT typical of a teenager who's nearly 16 at all. she made a beautiful apple turnover with caramel sauce in it yesterday so I had to have 2 mouthfuls. it was devine.
Sam is back at uni, in the middle of exams and Josh is not too bad at the minute. I think the recent groundings may have done him some good. perhaps its sinking into that brain of his that we mean business and he cant behave just as he wants. Still he's only been back at school 3 days so we shall see how things go. he's been moved down 1 set in Ivrit which has cheered him up as he clashed terribly with his previous Ivrit teacher and he likes this one. lets hope he sttles down a bit more now its his second term.
I often think of things to write on here in the middle of the night and then forget them by the time I've woken up!!



4 comments:
What a stunning pattern - it looks so complex! Can't wait to watch progress as it grows:) Good luck with the healthy eating programme - I'm back on it too (almost!) but the remaining Christmas choccies are proving a little too tempting at times;)
Good luck with your diet! Meds can really mess with peoples metabolism!
Your stepping stones jacket is going to be gorgeous!
Let me know how the Yoga video works out!
Happy New Year!
Well done losing 2lbs! Go you!!
My word - the jacket is an amazing pattern. The colours are fab and it's going to look great!
Post a Comment