Wednesday, 28 November 2007

Lots of fun at Harrogate-Picture Heavy







On Saturday I went to the Knitting and Stitching show at Harrogate.


Norman and the kids drove me up. The weather was attrocious and visibility on the M62 over the pennines was nil, but you still get the idiots racing and coming up close behind you. I shut my eyes or carried on knitting my sock!




When we finally arrived at the venue Norman went to unload my scooter and asked me where the key was......deadly silence.....AAAGGGHHH! I'd left the key in my handbag at home!!!!!!


I had no choice but to walk. Do you know, I managed!!!! I cant beleive I walked for 1 and 1/2 hours around the exhibition! mind you as I was between medicatons I was fortified by 10 Micrograms of Morphine plus my Tramadol!!!!
I bought loads of stuff; here it is;
Army coloured yarn for a jumper for Josh or me. Its was £5 per 500g skein-pure wool! Dunno what ply but it feels 4 ply or DK and I have 1800M for £10
A tube for holding DPN's whilst you are knitting a sock, which stops the stitches falling off the needles in transit,plus some more DPN's. A girl can never hve too many.
The sock is one I cast on last week in Panda Cotton-very 70's
An Indigo dye kit from DT Craft and Design
This book caught my eye after I saw it reviewed in KnitNow. I got it signed by the author.
Some Bee strippy sock yarn for OH who has a passion for honey!!? and I found some small stitch markers for small needles. I'm fed up of loosing big stitch markers on my lace.
Finally my fave. Some Banana Fibre Yarn! I love the sheen so will make a scarf with it.
phew! my coffers are empty now!!!!
I have more goodies to post that arrived last week but will wait for another post!!!
FM
On the pain front I'm doing alot better. I've had the patches increased to 10 microgrammes and its really helping. But my skin is sore and my nerves feel alive under my skin especially around my eyes. AH well we cant have everything!

3 comments:

rho said...

sounds like it wsa a wonderful day - even without the scooter - although it would have been even better with -- glad the meds are helping somewhat :D

woolydoodles said...

I've had yarn from the 500g for 5quid man in the same colourway before...mine was dk.
I love banana yarn too when I'm felting bags...(I get mine from Bev). Well done on managing to walk around, I've been known to just sit where I fall before even if that's in the middle of a supermarket! so glad the patches are helping(you prob will get some dermititis at the site of them, just letting you know), your now on the same as me(I'm still taking the tramacet too).
Take lots of care
Love n hugs
Mel x

Fiona Reynolds said...

Wow!!! What great purchases. Looks like you had a great day!