Monday, 5 November 2007

S.E.X on the internet!


Yes I've been having lots of fun! but not of the Leslie Grantham type! For non knitterly persons S.E.X is short for 'stash enhancement exercise' i.e I've been buying more sock yarn for my collection. sory to dissapoint you all! LOL
so here it is

s
Alpaca /wool from JoJo land-E-bay. What a bargain 10 balls for £12.50!!! of course there was P&P but all together I paid £21! With the pound being so strong against the dollar you can get some good bargains from over the pond.



Tofutsies from SWTC. I seem to have 2 pics the same here and cant delete one!!


and Panda Cotton/bamboo. I just wanted the colourway. 70's disco. i tried dying one myself but it didnt come out correctly .
On the knitting front, I'm still on the first sock. its taking me along time, although I just have 1/2 " until I decrease for the toe so hopefully It 'll soon be done.
FM
On the FM front I'm no different . dont suppose I ever will be. BUT, I had great fun on Saturday. I went on my 'Aston Martin-aka-scooter! into Manchester city centre for some retail therapy. I went with Rachel and her friend. We went on the Metro. its dead easy on the Metro. You whizz down the ramps and ride onto the disabled space and sit there. Its 2 years or more since I went from one end of town to the other. We even tackled Primark and that takes some doing. Mind you we were there at the end of the day so it was quite empty. I had 8 things in the basket and spent just over £40. You could only get one top in Per Una(M&S) for that!!
i was knackered but had a good shop. I bought a party top and black pants.
Saturday night we had our next door neighbours 40th birthday party. we really enjoyed it. they had erected a markee in the garden and decorated it and lit it. we chatted to people we'd never met before and had a real laugh. its not like me to be relaxed and go up to people I've never met before and just start a conversation! i must be changing in my old age!!about time too!
General stuff
Josh has his phone, only because his other one was well and truly knackered and he needs it as he comes home on the school bus. But he has been warned. its his Chanukah present. Chanukah is around the 5th december this year I think so he was told, thats it and dont moan when you see me give rachel and Sam their Money.
he is driving me bonkers now with ring tones, horrid cartoons that he's down loaded and games on the phone. I hope the novelty wears off soon.
his drums have been silenced for the time being as a neighbour complained. i dont blame them. The bashing was driving me insane too! We're going to buy him some drum pads which will hope fully stop the noise and stop the bass drum reverberating into the neighbours house!
Rachel, Josh and myself have this lovely-not- bug at the moment. Our throats are very sore and I sound like Bonnie Tyler!!! I always wanted a deep, sexy throaty voice!!! but not one that hurts and also squeeks. i soun like Sam when his voice was changing!!!


4 comments:

rho said...

I am loving how much your scooter is getting you out and about with folks - It must feel great.

You do know that come Chanukah Josh isn't going to remember the whole conversation about presents - maybe you can have something small for him then (if he deserves it that is hehehe)

DrLaura said...

hi, i'm laura "sockguru" for crystal palace yarns. would love
to post pics of your panda cotton socks on our blog and link to you
with your permission!
email me drlaura dot sirius at gmail dot com
for the blog socksandmore
blessings, :L, laura

Viknits said...

Oh cheers! Ironically, arty though I am, I did terribly in my art A level!!

You sound so much happier you know. I think your scooter's liberated you! :D

Love the yarn, it's gorgeous!

Fiona Reynolds said...

Oooh, hope you feel better soon. This bug is a real pain in the bum.

Good yarn shopping!