KNITTING
Just a quicky today to show my lace shawl. its the one from Knit Today June issue. I've done lace on jumpers etc but never a lace shawl. I'm absolutely hooked and love it. I've put all my other stuff aside and keep telling everyone to shush when I'm concentrating! I talk when I'm on a pearl row!!!
I meant to say yesterday was as well as knitting hell, knitting heaven. Why the dicotomy? Three knitting mags arrived together!! Knit Today, Simply Knitting and best of all Interweave knits. I can t put links up. I havnt sussed it out, but all you kniters know about them anyway!!!
Canadian Visit
I'm so excited. my little sis arrives tommorrow from Kingston Ontario with my neice and nephew. Sadly her husband isnt well enough to travel. I havnt see my nephew for 6 years and my neice for 3 years. i cant wait!!! sis came over on her own last Nov to visit Mum who was having Chemo again and we had a great sisterly time, despite mum. This time she's over for much micer things, Mum and Dad golden wedding!! We are so grateful, we wernt sure this time last year, when we heard of Mums cancer returning that there would be a golden Wedding. Our house is going to be over run! and in the midst of having all these visitors Sams Girlfriend is staying, Plus Rachels friend is homeless for one night and needs a bed!!!! it'll be sleeping bags In the bath!!!!
hope my FM doesnt flare up.
On Monday we're having 4 days by the sea in St.Annes next door to Blackpool to show Zak and Talia(Neice and nephew) a real English sea-side. Blackpool, Yuk!!! dorty and common but the kids love it!!!I find it really tawdry these days. I'll sit on the front in St Annes with the old dears and knit!!!! weather permiting!!! I had to laugh Michelle my sister sent me an e-mail asking did she have to change for dinner at the hotel or could she go in off the beach in her shorts and tea shirt!!! Shorts and tea shirt!? I've got the heating on!!!LOL



6 comments:
Ooh you tease! There are some of us who are patiently waiting for our IK. I've seen the previews online, and I'm in love with the Tilted Duster and the Cabled Yoke Cardi.
I completely understand about only talking on a purl row when lace knitting, and even THAT can be dangerous sometimes.
I had never heard of FM before reading your blog, I'm getting quite the education, keep your chin up.
PS: Thanks for your lovely comment re my Habu.
I laughed about talking only on a purl row! I've been doing the same with "Bonita" (Rowan 41).
The lace looks great, Ruth. I'm trying a lace scarf at the moment - very short rows so I don't get lost too often. "Mum," "15, 15, yo, 16, yo, just a minute..." "Forget it"
Have you signed up for Ravelry? I was told there's a group for knitters with FMS on there.
Ah - now the lace addiction takes hold!!!
Have fun with your sister on her visit!
Hi Ruth
Just a quickie to let you know that I've added you to the Members of Knit1blogtoo netring. Feel free to drop by the homepage http://knit1blogtoo.blogspot.com for how-to's and links to other sites for blogging help.
I'll be sending you an invite to join the team blog soon.
In the meantime, welcome to the ring. I hope you find something useful.
I also wanted to share that I have been suffering with chronic pain for 6 years and I too am overweight - by at least 3 stone!
I understand your personal situation, particularly where kids are involved. My daughter is 10 and it seems that it's getting harder to 'entertain' her with each passing day. She's footy mad and terribly active.
I think it was easier for her to accept that mummy wasn't able to do much, when she was younger - she was only 4 when I became incapacitated. She's got too much attitude now and isn't in the least bit sympathetic (unless I'm in tears!!).
If you ever want a chat, feel free to email me or leave a comment on my blog and I'll contact you.
Take care & best wishes...Bernie
Ah, sorry. One more thing... you need to add the netring code to your blog - somewhere in the sidebar.
You can get this by logging into your Ringsurf account copying the code at the bottom of the screen.
Any probs let me know (if emailing me pls put RINGSURF NAVIGATION CODE PROB in the subject line. I'll move you to members once this has been fixed.
x
Post a Comment