Friday, 17 August 2007

Proud Mum

we're possitively Kvelling (yiddish for swelling with pride and crowing)in our household. We're so proud, Sam got his A level results yesterday- 3A's and 1B!!! he's got his place at Leeds Uni to study Electronic engineering with computer engineering. Cant beleive where the last 18 years have gone and now my big boy is going and leaving his mamma!!!! We celebrated by having his faveGrilled steak last night. we did want to open a bottle of bubbly but N was going to Tesco so we'll have it tonight.

Cinders had a bird in the garden yesterday. As it was already dead I just closed the catflap to make sure she didnt bring it in and left her to it!!! I just had to go and shovel left over bird body into the bin later so that the boys could play outside!!!

Josh had a Tuna jacket spud for lunch so Sox was on his usual tuna patrole . he managed to jump up and finish the left overs from the bowl when my back was turned!!!

FM

physically The burning has kicked in again. its very odd as it feels like I want to stretch all the time, like my muscles are itchy somehow. Most annoying.
I got very upset by Josh last night.I knew it was only a matter of time before he let rip, but its still not nice. he was tired and grumpy because he'd fallen out with his pal down the street again. they're like an old married couple! He was driving me mad. I said to him go and play on your own for a while. Sam could amuse himself for hours. Josh needs 24 hr entertainig. he fired off at me- 'well what am I supposed to do, you're lazy and just sit there . you do nothing with me.......etc' I went mad at him. How dare he accuse me of being lazy!! does he think I enjoy being in pain and immobile. he got sent to his room for the night and when he did appear I was very short with him. it really cuts me like a knife. I know I cant do what I'd like with the kids. he doesnt have to rub it in.

Knitting

Everything seems to be going wrong. I was doing my lace shawl nicely and then messed up. I got into even more of a mess trying to undoe it. Of course I have no lifeline. Big mistake. I'm going to try and tink as far as the 4 row garter stitch and see if I can pick up from there.

my camisole doesnt suit me. Its modelled, of course on a skinny size 0 model. well I may have a zero in my size , but its after the 2!!! I look an absolute bugger in it. so I'm going to take off the bra top and pick up and knit a vest top instead. I'll need to order some more yarn. Hee, hee!!!! I can feel a shop coming up!!!
The back of the lace cardi is wrong. After I'd finished it I thought the sleeve section dint look right. I realise dthat the pattern said knit until the top measures 22" then cast off. I knitted an extra 2 " on the lenght before the arm shapping and forgot to add it into the final lenght of the top!!!! so that will have to be undone . its a lace pattern again so I'll have to try and pick that up. GGGRRRRR!!!

4 comments:

Fiona Reynolds said...

Congrats to your son!! What lovely news. He'll have a lovely time at Leeds.

Sorry to hear your knitting isn't behaving itself - give it a damn good talking to you.

RE: your other boy. It's rotten that he said such a nasty thing to you, but it's probably his own frustration at your disease. Also, when he becomes a decent human being, with age, he's going to look back and feel really bad that he said it. My brother apologises to my Mam for being absolute swine when she was going through a bad disease. Especially now that he's a parent himself.

Fiona Reynolds said...

PS I'm sure he's already a decent human being!

ravelling said...

Well done! to Sam. That's fantastic news. Our son told us that he's thinking about going to study in Tokyo! Oh, my - I get tearful when I think about him going away to Uni in this country! Never mind, I've still got a couple of years for him to change his mind or for me to get used to it.

Cinders said...

thanks for the comments guys. josh was very repentant yesterday! I can understand hid frustration. I used to take him all over the place and it hasnt slowly declined, it just stopped dead.
gill, I bet you're heart broken. I'm bad enough secretly, about Sam going 50 miles up the road!I'd never say anything to him. he's got to go out into the big wide world.