This picture has come out in the wrong place! but at least I managed to get it uploaded!!! Its my SOCK STASH
The Black Dog;
yes like 'Winnie' i to have suffered from depression. at its worst its a place I never want to visit again. Even with the most understanding family and wonderful supportive husband its a horrid, dark, lonely place.
I liken it to being at the bottom of a dark, deep well where you cant see the light at the top. Yuo're totally isolated and people around you are reaching out to you , but hitting the brick wall of the well.
recovery is like someone dropping a bucket down the well and you sit in it. You're pulled up a fraction , you still cant see the top of the well and the light. You slip back down again, but not as far. This is the pattern for recovery, a few feet up the well in the bucket, a slip down, but noot back to where you were. Slowly you are heaved up the side of the well until one day you can see the light , a tiny speck to start with, but it gets lighter very slowly. One day you find yourself at the top of the well, out in the fresh air. well! its easy to slip back at times, but I never, ever want to be back in the dark at the bottom again.
FM
On the fibro front, i managed to get out yesterday which pleased me no end. We went to the Trafford centre shopping. I hired a scooter for the first time. it helped me enormously. otherwise I couldnt have walked. But you become invisible on a scooter. people barge into you and push past, and getting down isles is a squeeze. Still I changed my tops in Evans so I was happy.
I've been in terrible pain, although so far today its not as bad and my spirits are up a bit.
GL_
I think I have to accept that the weight isnt going to come off. In fact I have put 3 lb on in one week just by upping my Pre-gabilin. its damage limitation at the moment.
Diary today;
B- tofu/sunflower smoothie
L- 1/2 tub soup with melted cheese in it
D- dunno yet? tinned salmon and salad.
Knitting.
I've managed to upload some photos, but they're in the wrong place!!!.
I'm carrying on with my current project, I'll try and photograph it. The camisole from Beads , Buttons and Lace. I'm up to the 'boob' bit, a bra type top and as I am not little in that area this should be interesting!!!



4 comments:
Hi, Ruth
Ta for the comment on my blog. Just thought I'd pop across to see your blog. I don't know how to edit mistakes either, but I do know how to fix your photos.
When you post a new article, you'll see that there is a tab called "Edit" or "Editing". Open that. You'll find a list of your previously posted articles. On the right side, next to each one will be a choice: edit or view. Click on edit and you will be able to open your article and move the photos around. Click on them with the mouse and move them to where you want to put them.
This should work.
I sometimes find that Blogger won't play nicely and will ignore your edits. It has done that to me several times.
I love the look of that purple and green lace yarn! Did you die that yourself?
oops...meant dye...
Thanks For the advice Fiona, I have some piccies to taske of my new arrivals _yarn that isLOL- when I remember so I'll have a go at getting them in the right place!
Post a Comment