Tuesday, 17 July 2007

My first entry

Hi,
I'm Cinders, and I love to knit, Im a Yarnaholic. I also suffer from Fibromyalgia, a very painful, disabilitating illness which has altered my life drastically, and seeing as though I'm 3 stone over weight I'm trying, LOL, to loose it following the GL diet

see linkshttp://www.fibromyalgia-associationuk.org/

http://www.dietfreedom.co.uk/


I decided to create a blog to write down my daily thoughts and feelings., chart my progresss, or distinct lack of , in the weight loss department , and cheer myself up with all my knitting acheivements. I can be my very own Bridgit Jones, except I've already found my mr Darcy! 20 years ago to be precise!!

Fibro
Today I was supposed to go to art class. i over slept and missed it. but I'm in alot of pain today, my legs in particular are driving me mad. I'm creeking avout the house like a 90 year old!Mind you I did try and do 10 mins gardening yesterday!! well I'm sick of the garden. with the weather hubby hasnt beena ble to do it and the weeds are having a party!!! Soon we'll have to machete our way into the front door!!!


Pain levels 9 out 0f 10!
mobility 2 out 0f 10

Mood- average, mind you the weather doeant help!


GLing
Hmmm, I'm not doing too well here! I've struggled the last 2 days to say the least!

Today,
Breakfast- tofu sunflower smoothie, made with 1/4 pack tofu, 1 apple, handfull sunflower seeds, squirt of Agave syrup and soya milk, oh not forgetting, heaped t- spoon of Cocoa!!

Lunch- havnt decided yet, probably soup.

Dinner- sweet and sour chicken-homemade. I cant cook too well these days. I used to love cooking , but the depression and Fibromyalgia (FM) put paid to all that.
Hubby cooks and enjoys it although the S&S sour chicken is some breasts chopped up with a jar of Sharwoods sauce chucked over it! some pineapple added. still its tasty.

Kniting

The sock yarn I dyed on Sunday usinig my first ever go at acid dyes. is dry and ready to be wound into a ball.
My KiaKIa jacket from Berrocco is coming along slowly. its very tedious to knit, having knitted 800 rows of boarder and picked up 400 stitches I'm now doing an 18 row repeat lace pattern. i'm on row 7. my camisole and jacket from Beads Buttons and Lace is on hold . But I do , in times of brain foogyness, which happen often FM again!, Pick up the cami as its plain stocking st.
I've just won some lace weight yarn on E-bay, Pure wool, 1700yards for $5 thats £2.50. With P&P from the States its coming too £5.60!!! I cant buy undyed pure lace weight wool for much less than that here!!!! Batgain. mind you I'm going to have to hide it from Hubby. I'm not supposed to be buying any yarn!!!OOPS! must take some photos and upload them.

5 comments:

karen said...

Congratulations on your first entry, I'm proud to be in at the beginning.
Well done on the gl diet. Keep up the good work!
lots of love and many hugs for all the pain xx

FairyNuff said...

Hi cinders.. and welcome to blog land.
keep going with the Gl Diet I'm sure you will lose the 3 stone!

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your knits.
Another great blog to add to my to read list! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ebay definately has a lot of bargins. Unfortunately I have been banned at the moment due to my stash being for too big.

Luv,

Abbey

Tracey said...

Good luck with the dieting.
Hope to pop in more often to read about your progress and your knitting.
knitty, witty, woo

Viknits said...

Hey again Ruth! I'm slightly confused.. is this a diff blog to the previous one? Or am I being really silly and I'm losing it (which sounds more likely)?
I'm also about 2-3 stone overweight due to my illness, but don't let it hold you back, there's a lot of bigger lasses out there and three stone overweight isn't as much as it sounds! Also you won't be able to do any exercise will you? It is difficult, but just eating healthier can really help you feel better about yourself, even if you don't lose weight.
Where on ebay can I also find bargain laceweight?? (not that I need any lol!)
Take care, Vik xx