Josh, our youngest , who's 11, did really well on his SATS and got 3 level5's which is abouve average and surprised us all. (teachers included I think!!). he wanted a present for doing so well and apart from a cheap computer game chose Aftershave!!!LOL at his age. Hubby had to take him to Superdrug where he tried every spray imaginable, much to the amusement of the shop assistant, and came home with some Calvin Klein something or other!!!! I found this hilarious. he's after attracting the girls at his age. it took us until Sam was 14/15 to persuade him to wear anti- perspirant, dirty bugger! We used to fight tooth and nail to get him in the shower everyday. its only in the last 12 months and since he discovered the opposite sex thats he's started showering daily. YUk!!!!
FM Front.
Things have been a bit rough the last few days. After doing the gardening for 10 whole minutes monday, I was set solid and in pain Tuesday and I had a mild headache at the front. yesterday I woke up with a migraine. it was quite a bad one and I spent the day in bed till 4pm. I was fuming coz the sun was out and I missed it. I managed, very drugged up, to pop my head out of doors for 2 mins last night. days like that infuriate me . its a lost day.
Today I wanted to go out. I've got cabin fever. but I'm not confident enough to go out on my own at the mo. I cant drive so it'd be a taxi, or was I able to walk to the bus, and what if my legs gave way?? all these questions. it got me down. I wanted to go to Evans to change some tops. but its too far to walk on my own. So I'll have to wait till the weekend then Hubby can drive me around.
its just so frustrating and its days like these when the FM gets me down.
its typical that I've been discharged from psychology and immediately hit a bad patch, but I have to learn to cope on my own and some days are going to be rough.
I started to go for a walk and noticed my nextdoor neighbours car door open with her bag on the floor, so I shouted over the back gate. She was in the garden with a friend and young toddlers. She invited me in. I was so grateful for a chat I didnt even mind the kids. mind you they were very good and not shreiking.
Theres another thing. mine have grown out of that phase and i should be more understanding. They made one hell of a noise themselves, But I'm sensitive to noise and in pain, it lowers your tollerance. I've been there and done that and dont particularly want it now!!! I'll make a great grandma!!!
GLing
i'm struugling. I think I've put weight on. this is because my Pre-gabilin for pain has been upped by 50mg at night!!! hardly anything. But it interferes so much with your metabolism that i only have to look at a biscuit and I put a 1lb on!!
Todays food diary;
B- bowl crunchy nut cornflakes at 4.30am for pain releif;
Tofu, sunflower smoothie at 10.30am to take other tabs.
L- 1/2 bowl tesco mediteranean soup with cheese on top.
apple
D- I'm not sure. I've taken some bolognese out that was in the freezer for the family, but I'm finding mince meat too hard to digest at night. I may have another tuna steak.
Knitting
I've frogged Kia-Kia-Boo, hoo!!!The boarder said to undo the knitted middle so it was lace looking. But I've gone wrong somewhere on the boarder and the whole boader undid!!!! So its frogged and put away for another day. i'll see if I can upload pictures
I cant figure out how to upload photos, but i will
http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/kia/kia.html
here is the Kia kia pattern. its lovely but very tedious to knit.
my backs hurting now so I'm off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
That Kia Kia will look lovely when it's done :)
If you want to upload pictures, when you're writing your new post you'll see there's a line of icons across the top of it. There's a square that looks like a little picture, click on that and you'll get the photo box up. You have the option to upload directly from your computer or to put in the picture URL from a hosting site like Photobucket or Flickr.
hth :)
Hi Cinders--I know it's been a while since you worked on Kia Kia, but I tried to start it this morning (3/24/08), but I'm not having any luck. I don't understand why you cast on 9 stitches, when the first row calls for you to work 11 stitches. Or that's how I'm reading it--2 slips, 1 knit, 2 slips, 1 knit, 4 knit, 1 knit--that's 11, right? So when you get to the second row, you should have 13 stitches on your needle--but in reality there's 11--the 9 you cast on, plus the two from the YOs. But on the second row, you're only supposed to have 9--p2 tog, p2 tog, p1, p4--that makes 9! I don't understand how to work with these numbers.
Cinders, I'm back to say, "Never mind." I just watched the ssk video on youtube, and I see the error of my ways.
Post a Comment