I was posting on my GL forum,http://www.dietfreedom.co.uk/ about books I loved as a child. it brought back all sorts of memories.
I lived and breathed The Famous five and truly beleived I too could have an adventure like they did!!! I was very put out that nothing happened in middle class suburbia!!LOL.
I also loved E. Nesbits five children and it and tThe Psamead. I still like reading victorian and edwardian novels for some reason. of course I enjoyed The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe too. But couldnt get into the others. I was too old for Roald Dahl!!
In my teens I stopped reading until we did To Kill a Mockingbird for 'o'level. its still one of my favourites today.
FM front
I've not been to bad the last few days. perhaps its dying down again. I went to the GP's today and got some slow release Tramadol in the hope that they may even out my pain releif. its too choppy at the moment and I have too long periods with no pain releif available. I also asked about getting a wheel chair. its not pleasant , but it will hlep us to go on days out . At present as I cant walk to far even a walk in the park with the kids is out.
KNITTING
I havnt photographed anything today, but I've opted for some brain dead or 'mindless' knitting. A plain vest top that I'm making longer. Just Kand P , no complicated instructions.
My brain is suffering from the fibro fog and so i cant be bothered challenging a complicated pattern. I'll change my mind in a few days no doubt.I have spent far to long on the Angel Yarns website Forum today. its so adictive and then people put up their blog addresses and I divert from what I was doing, then go to another link, then another etc!!!! Such fun, but detracts from the actual knitting.
GLing
its going well, B- fruit and fibre cereal,
L- out was a turkey subway
D- mushroom and artichoke Barleyoto. This is like a rissotto but using using barley instead of rice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hi Ruth
I loved the Famous Five and the Secret Seven books too. I read all the Chalet School books too - not exactly the kind of lifestyle I had as a child, but they certainly captured my imagination.
I've just finished some 'mindless' knitting: two scarves for a swap and can now get onto something more interesting. I'm making a pair of razorshell lace socks for the Hogwarts Sock Swap!
Take Care
I wasn't a fan of the Famous Five but loved the Narnia series. Hated "To Kill a Mocking Bird" when I read it at GCSE but loved it when I read it a couple of years later - also one of my favourite books, and the Gregory Peck film is a favourite too.
Post a Comment