Sunday, 7 August 2011

Holidays

Its been and gone in a flash!! A week in Turkey at Lara beach. I can thoroughly recommend the hotel Limak Lara.It was very luxurious and all we did was lie by the pool in the shade, sunbathe in the heat occasionally and cool of in the pool. I read plenty, Justin Cronins-The Passage- which is not a book I would normally even pick up! I picked it up by accident as it was in the crime section and I thought it was a thriller! but it was a vampire, in the future sort of book. But I enjoyed it. Now I'm back on More familiar territory with Jo nesbo's The Leopard.
I actually knitted!!!! I realised that all my knitted jackets are now too big for me and I suddenly got excited about knitting a size 12!! So I got out an old pattern from 'Beads Buttons and Lace' a lacy jacket. I was originally knitting this in Noro Gampi Abaka Surabu but I chucked it out as it was a size 20 anyway and had been languishing at the bottom of the pile for 4 years. A bit of an expensive throw out but there you go. I started it again in Garnstudio Saffran-white. so that kept me happy by the pool!!

back to the holiday-- Its the first time we've ever been all inclusive- It was great! no forking out for food and drink. I did manage to get a stomach virus though which lasted all week!! it was def a virus as opposed to something I'd eaten as I got feverish and flui with it too!

Peleoing on Holiday was so easy. There was fruit and eggs for breakfast. No bacon unfortunately! like a good jewish girl I like my bacon on holiday!!!
Lunch was grilled fish and salads and dinner grilled meats and veg. Mind you as I felt off all I wanted was french fries. I dunno why, but when my stomach is off I crave Mc Donald style chips with loads of salt!!!

Fibro
I WAS GREAT ON HOLIDAY- DRY HEAT- NO LEGS ACHIng. hardly any pain. The pain I had mostly was from where my hips and ribs were touching the matress. We have a water bed at home which cradles you so I find hard beds painful to lie on. I had energy as all I was doing was lying on a sunbed and popping in the pool.
Now I'm home and its warm but damp and humid and of course I've been busy washing, ironing dyeing yarns etc so the ching legs and the dragging tiredness are creeping back. I woke up this morning and thought 'oh joy'!!!

Paleo

I got on the scales when we got home and it said 9st12 so I presumed I'd put 2lb on on holiday. But then I got on them again on Friday and they said 9st 9.8 which is lower than I've ever been so I'll wait until next thursday which is weigh day and see.

Food today-

B- Nectarine pecan cobbler
L- smoked salmon and herring salad- Apple- 2 pieces of dark choc
d- will be a take away but indian is dead easy on Paleo- tandoori chicken, salad.

Dyeing

Pop on over to Black Cat Fibres- link at the side- and have a look at my new Sellar range. Its BFL/ Nylon sock yarn, but I've splashed the dye on the skeins. I had great fun doing it.
I've also started dyeing some more of the Growl Tiger semi-solids which will be up when they're dry.

No comments: