Hello sadly neglected blog!
I have changed my life style and am going to use my blgo to keep me on track.
I've gone Primal! I have changed my way of eating to follow the Primal Blueprint/ Paleo way of eating
This invloves eating in the way our Paleolithic ancsetros did. No grains/dairy or legumes. Although Mark sissons does allow dairy.
The theory behind it all is that grains are very bad for you no matter what type. not just the refined sort. There is a load of info oput there about how grains mess up your insulin/ how insulin messes up not just your blood sugar but also your cholesterol. The grains cause inflammation inside your body. Read MArk Sissons Book-The Primal Blueprint. All the theory is in there. I understand it all but with the Fibrofog I cant regurgitate it to you! It makes scary reading esp if you continue to follow the conventional western diet- high carb/low fat.
Why have I changed my lifestyle like this? familial heart disease/cancer/diabetes/being overweight with a thick middle. Rachel got me into it. she gained weight last year and was looking for a way of stopping sugar cravings and the highs and lows of carb addiction. She found The Primal Blueprint and Paleo in general. I wasnt erady for it then. I loved my grains, my breakfast cereal. I couldnt imagine a life where a meal was meat and veg minus the spuds or rice. BUT, I had 3 stone to loose (42lbs) weighing in at my heaviest at 12 and half stone (175lb). I'd lost 1 stone going to Slimming world but had put 1/2 of it back on. I then lost 1 stone by using Gillian Rileys book Eating Less which is excellent and I would recommend it. Then of course I got breast cancer, mum was dying and I ate allsorts of crap. I put most of the weight back on. Rachel sent me an e-mail of a pain consultant who treated a woman with Fibro by getting her to adopt the Paleo way of life. Apparently her pain levels vastly reduced. ANd so I decided to try it. So tis is also an experiment to see if it helps the Fibro
Paleo is also supposed to help prevent heart disease,diabetes and cancer. Now they all run in my family. I already have Hypertension although I think its whitecoat myself. My cholsterol was raised but I've stopped taking statins. they're poison
I havnt been very strict until now. I've embraced Mark Sissons 80/20 rule a bit too much. I've lost12lb since December and weigh in at 140 lb or 10 stone. This is the lowest I have been since I gave birth to Josh 15 years ago. My BMI has come down from 32 to 25.7 so I'm really on track.
Last weekend was my Dads birthday so I invited the family for afternoon tea. I overindulged on scotch pancakes/ crumpets, cheese cake and cream sponge. I was so ill for the next 2 days- My stomach was off- the runs- disgusting farts , heartburn. I know I am sensitive to dairy/wheat so why do I keep doing this and sabotarging my healthy eating plan?
I decided the blog would keep me in check. I've been reading alot more and been more active on the Marks Daily Apple Forums.
I have made myself do some exercise this week
so here goes;
Todays menu;
Breakfast- a smoothie made with
1/2 avocado, cup full of mixed berries, some cocnut milk and water and whizz
Lunch- last nights left over mutton casserole with steamed white cabbage
2 squares dark choc
snack-apple
dinner- Tuna steak, mixed veg of sugar snap peas/babycorns and french beans
'icecream' frozen bluberries/froz cgerries/cocnut milk/cocoa whizz in blender
Exercise- I've been resting today. Although I went to my local store on my electric scooter and \I did walk round the store.
Fibro
Pain; on a scale of 1-10; 6
fatigue- 7
brain fog-----------------5
So not too bad for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment