Monday, 4 January 2010

CARPE DEUM

Crickey I havnt blogged for ages. Mind you I think September/Oct and November were kind of taken up a bit. I think possibly learning that I had breast cancer then having the op and recuperating might have sidetracked me from the blogosphere for a few months!!!

So lets take a look back at 2009.
The Positives-
1-Josh's Barmitzvah-a fab time was had by all.
2-A short holiday in Norfolk. A place I've always wanted to visit. beautiful but a little too flat!! I like my hills.
3- a couple of days away whils rachel had her intevieew at Cambridge Uni. A great break for Mr Cinders and myself. a beautiful town. I'd like to see more. lets hope Rach is offered a place.
4- The wonderful, continuing love and support I get from Mr Cinders.

5-Of course my kids have mostly been positive!!!

6 My Yarn business has been small but steady

The negatives
1-the continuing struggle wih fibromyalgia, pain, exhaution and disability. Even now 6 years later its often very hard to swallow.
2- Being diagnosed with Breast cancer 2 days before my birthday!! Thankfully it was caught very early and has been totally removed.
3- My Mums continuing battle with cancer and her getting more weak and frail.

actually there are less negatives than I thought!!!

And so onto 2010. My new motto after having had a brush with cancer and having had an operation and awaiting radiotherapy which starts tommorrow,5th Janis seize the day!, It gave me a jolt. I realised that I was stuck a bit in the mire of Fibro and disability. I've decided that I'm going to make the most of every day. Although today my body demands a rest before the onslaught of the next 3 weeks.

8 comments:

Helen said...

Good grief. Thank goodness it was spotted so soon. Let's hope 2010 is a bit less dramatic :)

mazzam again said...

Sending you lots of positive thoughts for the new year

Adee aka kiwigirl42 said...

really really glad they caught the cancer early. it must have been devestating for you though. Sending postive thoughts about the fibro too. its just a millstone round your neck, isn't it?

Kniterella said...

Good luck with the radio, hope it does not knock you out too much. After suffering so much with your health this is all you nieed. I hope your loverly hair don't drop out, if it does me and the girls can knit you some chemo hats. You can have a little wardrobe of hats. its our Knitting club thing we do as a group. All the best dear friend.

Fiona Reynolds said...

Good grief!! Glad it was caught early!! Glad you're ok.

Sue Jackson said...

I'm so glad to hear the cancer was detected early, and you're doing better now!

I think your new attitude is wonderful - something we could all learn from! It's very easy to get bogged down in the day-to-day struggles when living with chronic illness.

Happy New Year!

Sue

Anonymous said...

Your positivity is inspiring. Heres to a good 2010

Catherine said...

Sorry - I didn't mean to be rude and post anonymously