The BBC is showing all the events all day long on BBCi so I can watch repeats of it all the time! Then on MTV2 they showed an interview with Zane Lowe and lots of hits and old U2 videos. My CD arrived yesterday, though I'd already heard it on the U2 fan site. I'm enjoying it more with each play. Theres some beatle-esq moments and You can hear Brian Eno's influence over it, but I'm enjoying it particularly 'Magnificent' which seems to have caught alot of fans attention. Could this be the new 'One'?
next week Tour dates are being announced on the fansite so i'm all excited. I WILL be at the next U2 concert if I have to be wheeled their on my bed!!!
We've bought tickets later in the year to see Michael Macintyre. I think he's very funny. And Hats off to The Lowry- we're also going to see Bill Bailey in June. At the Lowry they let your carer in free if you're in a wheelchair which has enabled us to take Rachel as were getting 3 tickets for the price of 2. so much as I hate my wheelchair it is useful sometimes.
KNITTING
Here a the piccies I hadnt taken last time.
THe ruined hat;


The lovely French Girls Knit book and the Mohair shug I'm knitting from it. This is the first book ever that I've knitted from where I've wanted to knit every sinlge, bar one, item from it. Usually theres one or two that you like. If you havnt got this book yet I'd strongly recommend it.


THE FIBRO FRONT
just the same I'm afraid. I do a little bit, then spend a day in bed. But I have been a bit better some of the time. This week I didnt go out of the house at all from Monday to saturday. Oh ,tell a lie, I got my dad to drive me around on some errands on Tuesday. but yeasterday, Saturday, we went to Manchester city centre shopping. I found the Jacket to go with my dress fro the Barmitzvah. its turquiose and looks great. I was very pleased. so now I'm mostly fixed up. I'll go for my hat next week. because I need wide fitting shoes as my feet are a bit wider and also paniful, I order my shoes online from Viva La Diva.
6 weeks until the Barmitzvah and counting down. I'm so excited. The invites will be posted tommorow and its all go!!!
I did manage some dyeing this week which I'm pleased about . they are now dry and need re-skeining before I can put them up in the shop.
DAFT THINGS I'VE DONE THIS WEEK
1, someone contacted me quierying the yardage of my sock yarns. I assure them the yardage was correct as I'd used an online converter to convert the metres to yards. When I looked again silly old me had actually been putting the measurments in the wrong boxes!!! SEe I cant even use an online calculator!!! Doh!
2, I put some Germolene on a part of my body. I decided to look at the expiry date as the tube looked a bit old. I began reading the bumf on the back which read 'for rectal use only'!!! I'd picked up a tube of Germaloids (pile cream!!!) so my body wont have piles now!!!
3, today I went to phone Mr Cinders on his mobile and wondered why the number wasnt being recognised until I realised that I'd punched in my debit card number instead of the mobile phone number!!!
oh boy, just call the white van with square wheels!!!!! ;_)



4 comments:
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who does daft things. Especially love the germolene!!!
Senior moments eh!
you have this junk, too? And fibro fog can cause all sorts of mischief! Good for you to start and actually stock an etsy store. Brava!
I'm so glad you got your outfit sorted out. It must be a huge relief. Snap, you n me both, I don't like having senior moments but I guess we must live with it. I'll check out the book its on my 'To get' wishlist.
Kniterella
Yipee I just got a google accoutn so I'm not Anon anymore.
Post a Comment