Tuesday, 3 February 2009

Boy am I Pissed off!!!

I try not to use my blog to rant about the fibro. but its my blog and no-one seems to be reading it anyway so what the hell!!

I'm just so fed up at the mo. I'm exhausted and cant stay up past 5pm most days. its getting me really down. I'm living a half life in this twighlight zone!!

I must admit I dont realyl rest when I'm up. but I dont do a huge amount. On saturday we went to our local town Bury and I tried on 2 outfits for the Barmitzvah. One was nice, but not wow and when she told me it was £350 I kindly declined to buy it!!! But when we got back I went to bed. Sunday I dyed 4 skeins of yarn. I was exhausted afterwards, but forced myself to stay up so that I didnt fall asleep at 6pm and then not sleep at night. I slept dreadfully that night.

hear is an odd thing/. when the pain is manageable and the exhaustion isnt too bad I can sleep for Britain. When I'm totally exhausted and in pain. i.e having a flare I cant sleep!!! Bonkers isnt it?

Yesterday I was on my knees all day. If it wasnt for the fact that Josh had an appt at 3.30pm I would've spent the day in bed. The night had been one of those where I doze for 20 mins. wake up doze for 20 mins etc all night. By the time we got home last night I felt so ill it was jarmies on and into bed again!!! Now today I slept till 10pm. had a very long soak, came on here, dyed 2 skeins only and did a bit of spinning for 5 mins, Oh and I re-skeined 2 yarns and photgraphed them ready to go on my site. I'm totally wacked again and am going for a rest.

I think I'm down too. Its feb and the lack of light starts affecting me around this time. I think my day light reserves have run out! Not that they were particularly topped up last summer!

ah well.
I shall try and count my blessings rather than getting frustrated. But like this weekend I've asked my pals round Saturday night. It'll be a takeway as I cant cope with cooking. Then I'll have to stay in and do nothing all day Saturday if I want to be up sat night. the same goes for next week, valnetines day. If we want to go out Sat night I'll have to stay in bed most of saturday. I think some one has nicked my 'spoons' and I only have 3-4 at the mo!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winter can really sap the spoons! It's the lack of sunlight plus the cold that equals pain and the desire to just stay in and hibernate. It's good that you're planning ahead for those special evenings with friends and going out. But I know it's a pain in the butt to even have to plan how many spoons to save up so you can enjoy those evenings.

It's okay to get pissed off at how life has changed since our energy has become a precious commodity to be conserved rather than spent willy-nilly however we like.

Aunt Kathy said...

I agree, get mad and let those emotions out. Holding them in is NOT going to help you sleep, that's for sure. I do not suffer from Fibro but I know several who do and I pray for them daily, as I will for you. One day at a time is all any of us can do. You are blessed you have a family that loves you. I wonder is a Happy Light would help in this dreary February.

By the way I come and read your blog every time you post. I am sure many others do too.

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so down :( I really do think the time of year has something to do with it. Hopefully it won't be too long now until the spring finally arrives! Hope you feel better soon (oh and I read your blog via Ravelry whenever you update) xxx

MorganMagic said...

winter is hell for fibro...
(((hugs)))

Adee aka kiwigirl42 said...

(((big hugs))) its just all shit sometimes, isn't it? so frustrating. grrr. take care and fingers crossed you feel a bit better soon xx

Fluzz said...

I read your blog :)

I have to count my spoons carefully too and have SAD on top of my problems. We have energy-saving daylight bulbs that help immensely. (http://ebulbshop.com/) I have the one in the living room on almost constantly, we live in the bottom of a valley and during winter the sun don't shine down here.

Re-skeining and dyeing is tiring.

I hope you get more spoons soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello...I'm here ...reading your blog even if I don't leave coms very often ...essentielly because of my poor english ...but I do read you and hope you'll go better with sunny days.Plenty of snow in France at the moment too and grey sky, exactly like in U.K but I really think good weather is comming....
Kisses.

Anonymous said...

u and me mate are both so good in bed - we can stay in bed for days, har, har. I'm like you too I have been getting up at 1pm as well, and having power naps on me sofa. One conclusion we must have very comfortable beds eh???

Have you tried a daylight craft lamp for when you are knitting in the evening??? Mine is superfab can't do without it. it usuually goes on at about 3pm and is on till midnight. It really helps me to see, try it it will help with the SAD too. Kniterella XX

Bearium said...

Yup I'm here too, rant away we do listen. Hope today's a better day

sarah said...

You may think no-one is reading, but we are!
Hope today is a better day for you.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I live in a sunny climate but there are days in winter so cold for me, we don't use the heat much, that it's good to just stay in bed and knit or read. DH understands a lot about this because I've had it for approx 40 years.

Keep trying and resting and trying and resting, whatever it takes to keep on top of the surface of the bog. :) Hugs to you!