No photos this week knitty or otherwise! its either feast or famine!
KNITTING
1)I'm carrying on with my secret mission which is nearly finished. photos after the recipients birthday and then you'll all go, 'is that it?', not worth all the secrecy!!!
2)I'm also finishing a mate for another lone sock as part of the Angel Yarns forum Sockalong Sockathon!
3)I've managed to finally unravel the yarn from my dreadful top faux pas last summer. The yarn has been skeined and washed and is ready to be wound back into balls. But it still looks kinky to me as in not straight!-not kninky peverted!!!
I want to start some 2 at a time socks but I'm trying to finish whats on the needles first.
FM
I'm not so bad at the mo which after the last 3 weeks is good! I saw my rheumy on Wednesday expecting him to discharge me as they cant do anything fro FM really, but instead he ordered more blood tests, involving an hours wait outside the vampires door, and I've to see him in 2 months when he gets the results. He also recommended I increase the pain patch to 1o micrgrams which knocked me flat last time, but is O.K now. My body has obviously go used to the lower level .
I've been refused the higher rate mobility DLA, but been awarded the lower rate for care and mibility indefinitely. I've asked for an appeal from but am not sure whether to meddle or not now that I've got an indefinite award.
I'm as usuall frustrated as I should be cleaning the kitchen ready for Passover, but I keep having to amke choices. yesterday Josh sprang afternoon tea on me so thats where all my energy went. Today I've been swimming , the ironing is mounting up so its either ironing or cleaning out a cupboard! Strangely enough I chose to come on here
THE SHOE SAGA
LAst week I managed to get into Manchester with Rachel. she had a sweet 16th birthday ball and had borrowed a dress and wanted strappy shoes. Well we went from one end of town to the other then back again also looking at evening dresses.!! it was getting late, she was in a strop, it was all my fault we were late!! Finally, at the 11th hour,she bought some nice strappy black shoes. Got home, decided nobody was dressing up in a ball gown so wore a dress she already had! Then she took the new shoes with her in a bag and came home saying nobody had worn high heels, she hadnt worn the shoes , didnt like them and I could take them back!GRRRR its at this point that you could cheerfully strangle them isnt it!
On Saturday I went into Bury to take the shoes to another branch of the shop. When I got their they refused to take them and said I had to go into MAnchester! Atthis point I was ready to wrap the blasted shoes around Rachels neck! Anyway I phoned up the Manchester store, explained I was disabled and they promised to refund the money as soon as I could get there. On Sunday Hubby and RAchel went and took them back. All because she had to have apair of shoes no matter what!
RAchels BAnd debut
Tuesday night was Battle of the BAnds comp at RAchels school. SHe's been playing bass guitar in this band for 2 years on and off so I was looking forward to seeing her play live. On the night I was exhausted and was trying to shake off a migraine. The last thing I wanted to do was go to school and listen to 5-6 bands twanging and screeching, But I'm so glad I went. each band had to play 3-4 songs. One had to be written by themselves and one had to be a cover song.The other song was whatever. One of the judges was some rock star from a 90's group who has his own recording studio and the first prize was a day in his studio making a record.
All the bands were good in their own way. But when Rachels band came on all her year went wild!! Rachel was the only girl in the show and one of the few bassists. Alot of the kids had 2 guitars but no bass!!! They did 3 of their own songs which were very good and then finished with Kaiser Cheifs I predict a Riot. It was fab, The whole school was up singing and rocking and yelling 'Go Rachel'!!! The only thing that let them down was the lead singer. he wasnt too good. Theyd wante dRachel to sing but she was too shy but I think she regretted it later. The comments were that they had the best Rythemn section of any band but they didnt win becuase of the singing. But everybody, including the school music teachers and the judges said Rach was marvelous and should find herself a good band!! Our own SuzieQuatro!!! We were so proud of her. My neice and S-I-L came and they were crying with pride!!
Josh turns 12
On saturday he took his girlfriend to the pictures to see Son of ranbow! it was hilarious watching him bath and preen and straighten his hair and load himself up with aftershave!!! His birthday was yesterday and he's asked for extra money rather than a party. Fine by me!! he'd wanted a sleep over. No way!! we gave him £20 extra pounds which is far cheeper than a party or trip to the pictures would have cost and much less hastle!! yesterday morning he asked his grandparents to come for afternoon tea . I though it was lovely that on his birthday he wants to be surounded by his grandparents. It meant extra work for me but Rach helped. we had bagels and buns ,a choc cake and a birthday cake. All bought I hasten to add. The days of me making impromptu cakes are gone!! he got lots of money and wants a Wii or PS2 so hubby and I have decided the deal is. he brings home a daily report sheet from school every day till July and if he has excellent remarks all day everyday, at the end of the school year he can buy his Wii or whatever. We didnt really want him to have a playstation but if it means he behaves himself in school we will cave in.
Rachel bought him some new aftershave. well he gassed us out yesterday. he stunk!! In a nice way, but we couldnt breath. I think he had his Lynx on too!!! its really hilarious seeing as though you couldnt get Sam to wash at his age and we still nag him to use deodorant! he hates aftershaves!!! arnt kids funny?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I can crochet (well occasionally),but I've got no patientce with knitting. Not enough cordination.. LOL good for you..
Chronic Chick Talk
oh proud mum moment! Bet you loved it. Still would have killed her for the shoe saga though! :D
Oh I can't wait to see the secert mission project!
Please keep me posted on your test results! I laughed so hard when you said vampire, hahahahaha!
Oh, your Rachel! I am pretty sure I did the same sort of thing to my mama!
I totally understand about the aftershave! My oldest just discovered it and started shaving, (poor me) mercy I am pretty sure the neighbors are wondering what that odor is, haha!!!
I gave you a much deserved award, just come by my blog and pick it up!
I am having an itty bitty giveaway, if you are interested just pop over and comment!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.
Happy Birthday to Josh - good tactics on your part. Well done to Rachel. That is so cool!!!
Hi
Love the story of the shoes. Emily is just the same, we have spent hours going up and down Croydons shopping centre looking for the perfect pair of jeans, shoes, t-shirt etc! At least Charlie still lets me buy most of her clothes.
The wii is a bril invention, having never had a games console in the house as I think they promote anti-social behavior, the wii is a breath of fresh air. We all have a go and we all encourage each other.
Post a Comment