Friday, 18 April 2008

Making choices

FM



Its been a difficult and exhausting week and if I'd let it, I could really have got very down about all the choices I've had to make. its really hilighted just how much I cant manage any more with this blasted FM.




Its pre Passover week. always hectic in anyones schedule with all the cleaning. the premise being that as the hebrew slaves fled Egypt and didnt have time to let their bread rise , so we're not allowed to eat anything levened. I.e cakes, bread etc but also we're not allowed to own anything levened . so a great house clean begins to search for and obliterate any living crumb. I've had my cleaner doing most of it, but the kitchen is such a huge job. we've had to empty and clean every single cupboard. Now we also have to have special pots and pans that hve never touched a crumb of leavened stuff. They all had to be got out from their home 11 months of the year and the kitchen cupboards emptied and the Passover pots, pans and crockery put in their place. A mammoth task. On top of all that there was baking to do and the special passover meal a Seder ,



Phew!!! So it really hit home. Do I go swimming or clean a cupboard? Teusday I went out to lunch with my next door neighbour, then for a massage. These things are far more important to me! But it put my schedule miles behind. after that I had to do what was necessary and its absolutely floored me.



If you've ever heard of The Spoon Theory- . This was written by someone who has Lupus to try and explain to people how those of us with invisible illness's have to make choices. I.e you are given so many spoons a day, say 12, which are like units of energy, you then have to decide how to use them up in a day. I.E to get up, to get dressed, to go for a swim etc. Once you've used all 12 up for the day you've had it and have to go to bed. All I can say is I've used my 12 spoons up and more. I've spent most of the weekend in bed surfacing for half the Seder one night and I managed all of it last night. Which has spoilt things really.



The kids are off school for passover. but Josh only has one friend at home. All the others have gone to Israel for passover. That is my ambition. When I win the Lottery. to go to Israel fro Passover. no cleaning, no killing myself, just Sun, a beach and a hotel thats kosher for Passover , that does everything for you. Bliss. Trouble is it'd cost about 3 grand to do it!



I've asked hubby to take a day off if he can and take Josh out. I cant do anything with him at all.







KNITTING



I'm still knitting the lace sock. With being so exhausted I've hardly managed to do much knitting. I bought More BIg Girls Knits- Which has some lovely patterns in it. and I like the fact that my size is usually the smallest instead of the biggest!!



I've won something!!! A blogger freind Bearium picked me to win a knitted bag for her Blogiversary!! I never win anything so I'm quite chuffed.







My dear online pal Leigh has given me an award



So I'm very delighted to receive it.

3 comments:

Soo said...

Hi Cinders. Thanks so much as always for dropping by my blog. I just wanted to make sure you know that I've just started a contest. I posted it at the same time as you were commenting so you may not have seen it and I'd hate for you to miss it!

hobbz said...

Cinders....keep your head up girl...it's bound to get better. i love the 12 spoons story, I'll have to steal that one from you. I haven't been around for the last few weeks but should be back on this weekend.
TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU!
hobbz

Leigh said...

Oh, I am sorry that your feeling so bad. I think of you all of the time, please know that I care about you! If you need an ear, I am here!

Thank you for your Passover explaination. I love knowing the hows and whys of things!

I am going to check out the spoon theory! I am sorry yours are used up! I am sending you a big blog hug!

Congrats on your blog winning!!!

You totally deserved the award!! Well, except for one thing! You have me addicted to some certain primates on you tube, haha!! I love them, thanks for sharing!!