Tuesday, 14 August 2007

Sox and Cinders

SOX

CINDERS

How can I have been so remiss as to not mention my 'babies' Sox and Cinders. They're 4 years old now. we got them as rescue cats when they were approx 8 months old. Sox is the male, black and white, with white feet ,hence the name! Cinders is pure black. Cinders is a lady. she is shy and hides most of the day. She seems to know when I feel rough as she will come on the bed and sit on my painful legs and nudge me and lick me. Sox is a grredy cat! he drives me mad to feed him all day and can be miles away but If I go into the kitchen he comes flying through the cat flap!!! I cant leave any food around as Sox pinches it. he's been known to sit on a burning hob to get at a pan of bologneses sauce!!! he's shuddered eating a hot curry rather than give in and leave the chicken! We cant turn our backs for one minute, he pinches chicken legs off your plate and growls under the table if we try and taske it away!!!! They love us so much we get live mice , half eaten mice, birds, bits of birds and a hall of feathers and blood!!! I wouldnt be without the cats.
FM
On the fibromyalgia front I'm in alot of pain and burning lately. its waking me up at night again. I'm getting very fed up of waking up every morning in pain. I dont think this is anything to do with the Statins. its just a flare. What has upset me is that I picked up a wheelchair from my cousin on Saturday so that I can get out and about for long trips. A strange thing happened on Sunday night. I have been priding myself on how well adjusted I am to the FM and how I've adapted to the drastic change in lifestyle. I'm not in the least sporty and have always disliked climbing, long walks etc, anything too strenuous so here I was watching Gryss Rhys Jones programme on mountains and watching him huffing and puffing up Ben Nevis . I started thinking,'i cant do that any more' i started feeling very down and very sad for the life i lost and the one I have now. it surprised me a bit. I found myself doing it also watching Coast. Odd how the way ones mind works.
On the knitting front, I've finished knitting the cami. it just has to be sewn togehter. I ripped up the Lace shawl. Rowan Kid Silk Haze is murder to knit with. I've abandoned it and got an ordinary wool laceweight out to do the shawl!

2 comments:

Fiona Reynolds said...

Sorry to hear the FM is getting you down at the moment. I don't really know what to say but I have found that having a rant on my blog really helps. I usually reach a point where I get sick of talking about the cack that's annoying me, but writing is somehow different.

(Your cats are lovely, BTW).

Linda said...

Thank you fo rthe lovely comment on my blog. Your cats are gorgeous! I am sorry you are feeling down, immerse yourself in the world of knitting and knit blogs to escape a bit. :)