Thursday, 3 June 2010

Joys and Sorrows

Firstly the sorrow. Mum has been fighting cancer for 6 years now. We've known from the start that it wasnt curable, but now its spread to her liver and the hospital have withdrawn all treatment. so thats it. even though we've known this day would come I'm uterly heart broken and keep crying. we dont know how long Mum has so we're just making the most of the time.

Now onto the joyful stuff! rachel was 18 on Friday so we've been busy celebrating over the Bank Holiday weekend. 2 weeks ago she had her hair dyed and re-styled. then last Tuesday I took her into Manchester and we bought alot of 'grown up' make up. She got a Clinique foundation and cleansing system plus lots of different makes of blusher,eye shadows,lipsticks etc. We spent 3 hours in Boots and they got alot of business from us that day!!! Then on Friday we had a spa treat. We went to a salon in Manchester city centre Rachel had a package that included a facial, spray tan and hands and nails. I had the most wonderful hour and half, A hot stone massage!!! OOOH bliss! I've always wanted one. They're not cheap but I decided I needed a treat!!
i was worried it might aggravate the Fibro and I'm not sure whether it has or not coz I started a flare at the same time!!!
Friday night we had a family dinner with Mum and Dad. Saturday rachel was supposed to have a picnic in the park,but it threw it down so all her mates decended on our house. We only have 1 through room downstairs so I sat on my bed all afternoon whilst the house and my head shook with music and lots of 18 year olds yelling!!
Norman and I went out for an revolting meal that night.it was a big dissapointment. we went to an italian in Bury called Verona-yuk!! we were only out 1 hour and were back in time to watch Wallander!!
Sunday we visited both sets of Grandparents then all 5 of us went out to Croma for pizza. I cant remeber the last time all 5 of us were together en famille. it was lovely.
monday- Bank Holiday, Sam went back to Leeds and the 4 of us went to Manchester museum of science and industry to see the Leonardo da Vinci exhibition. This wasnt about his art, it was about his scientific inventions.. They-whoever 'they' are have looked through all Da Vinci's notes and built some of his machines including his flying machines and agricultural machines. he was an absolute genius. The exhibition was very interesting and even Josh enjoyed it although he pretended not too in true teenage fashion!! everything was 'boring'.

FIBRO FRONT
well I've well and truly over done it the last few weeks and am now having a wopping flare.I'm really in pain esp my legs which feel like they've been smashed with a hammer! My back is burning and I've hardly slept. oh the joys!!

10 comments:

KatKnit said...

I would like to send you an e-hug and let you know I am thinking about you.

Go said...

Hang in there. My thoughts are with you. I have found that a lot of doctors don't really believe in fibromyalgia and they seem to think I was making it up, but the book "Beat Sugar Addiction Now!" is written by a doctor and he knows so much about it. I feel like I learned a lot about my own body just by reading the section on FMS, and it made me annoyed that no one had told me this before. I started reading the book because I thought it was a diet book and would maybe help me lose weight, and if I wasn't carrying around so much weight maybe I would feel better overall and be less achy. But it's actually a whole part on fibromyalgia is in it and I learned a lot about my hypothalamus that I never knew before. The information is good and smart science but not too hard to understand. You need to find help if you have what I have-so much pain it hurts to pull my shirt over my head or bend down to tie my shoes. I had to start wearing ugly crocs just because they were easier to put on and more comfortable, and that is not who I wanted to be-a fat person in unstylish shoes who has trouble getting in and out of the car. I feel like if I can find a doctor who will help me and I can do what it says in this book, I will get a lot better. It is written very convincingly and you can tell he knows what he's talking about. Plus he has a list to help you find doctors that treat FMS and I am ready to get treated and stop feeling like my nerves are exposed every time I move. Here's the website for Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum: http://endfatigue.com/

Florida vicodin said...

very good site where you can find lots of information about medicines that interest us as vicodin, hydrocodone, lortab which are drugs for chronic pain.

Cinders said...

why am I suddenly getting unwanted adverts here?-GO AWAY PEOPLE TRYING TO SELL ME STUFF

Douglas Smith Vicodin said...

At least 34 million Americans suffer from chronic pain caused by conditions including arthritis, lower back problems, neuralgia, or migraine headaches. Some 15 million working Americans have pain on a chronic basis.

Having injured my back this summer, I have come to learn a lot about pain firsthand. Pain can be hard to define. It means different things to different people and your own perception of pain can change over time. For some people, acknowledging pain is a sign of weakness. What most people don't realize is that pain is a medical problem -- and that it can be treated.

How do you measure your pain? It is difficult. No lab tests or X-rays can convey to your doctor what you are feeling. But even when pain is intense, many people struggle to find the words to describe it to the doctor. It is important to understand whether you suffer from acute or chronic pain.

Anonymous said...

Chronic pain is the most common disease among the workers and in some cases, is due to stress caused by working hours, although there are different cases, the U.S. conducted continuous studies and have come to this conclusion ...

Anonymous said...

It is unfortunate that we can not do anything against chronic diseases such as cancer, AIDS, arthritis, etc. We just want to tell friend is to be strong and that these moments of pain we have to assimilate knowledge, God rest his soul ...

judloved said...

The backache is a pain or stiffness of the back. Pain in the inferior or average part is commonest to feel the back. The backaches are more common during the adolescence, but also the people of legal age suffer and who appear and disappear during periods of time.

Fiona Reynolds said...

Hi, Cinders. So sorry to hear about your Mum - I'd be in the same state. Sending you hugs and thinking about you. Glad you had a lovely time with Rachel and boo to the fibro. RE - why you keep getting adverts. I think this is called viaral marketing and I believe spammers/automatic search tools search for key words and just post all over the page. They won't have read the actual content. There was a big stink a few years ago when Cillit Bang were posting all over people's sites - regardless of content so they got into quite a lot of trouble for posting on a site that was a man's diary of coping with a terminal illness. Viral marketing indeed and I'm not sure what you can do to stop it. I've had a few myself, but not as many as you. Take care.

hobbz said...

Wow cinders, you were busy! Take good care of yourself through this flare and come back out fighting. I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers out in the universe for your mum!

hobbz