Gosh, cant beleive its so long since I blogged. Life has been hectic to say the least!
so heres a brief summary.
Week before Easter; sis, B-I-L and neice and nephew cam eover form canada. was lovely to see them. they came to see Mum. We ate out nearly every night and though it sounds great I felt ill and gotn really fed up of it and was looking forward to a salad or eggs on toast!!
Then it was Passover. Even though every year I think I'm organised I still run around like a headless chicken. Luckily for me Sam and his girlfirend came home and Sarah was wonderful, she worked really hard doing the Passover baking and helping me get ready. needless to say I over did it and caused a flare up and spent alot of time in bed over Passover,eshausted. Each year I say I wont do it again next year and next year comes round and I do it again!! I only did as much as I did because Sam was home and he's still religious otherwise I wouldnt have bothered so much.
We didnt do anything over Easter as I was too exhausted. Its taken me a good few weeks to come out of the flare.
Whilst I was in the Flare I was asked by betsan of Stitchlinks to go to a pain conference at the G-mes in Manchester. She had a stall there and wanted me to come down and talk to proffesionals about the benefits of knitting with chronic pain. It was voluntary of course, but I chose to go. So sore and exhausted off I tootled on my scooter (though for any of you who watch 'Life On Mars' its now called the Quatro!!). I had a good day out.it wasa nice to meet up with betsan again and I chatted to a few nurses, docs etc from pain clinics about how knitting sooths and helps.
the trip worsenend my flare and I was in alot of pain and very exhausted for a week.But at the end of the day I CHOSE to go knowing the concequences and you have to do this in life sometimes otherwise I'd be bored,housebound and depressed. as long as you dont do the 'boom and bust 'thing too often.
Since then we've been busy. Bank Holiday weekend turned into a disaster as Mr Cinders had an attack of Renal colic(Kidney stones) and was in agony and spaced out on tramadol!! He cant beleive I cant take them and remain standing!!
Now we're having a new kitchen fitted which is very exciting but my lounge and dinning room are filled with pots ,pans and dust!!! I'll be glad when its finnished. Some of the cupboards are finnished so we've washed them out and put some stuff back. I will photograph it when its finnished.
Knitting
I'm still knitting the Topsy Turvey Doll by Jean Greenhowe. I told you I was a slow knitter!! Its very fiddly and theres alot of sewing to do. I prefer large projects.
I might actually get round to doing some photographs and posting them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Lovely to hear from you again. Sounds like the flare has been giving you hell but it's brilliant you went to the conference. I know what you mean about fiddly knitting.
Post a Comment