KNITTING

it was rachels birthday last wednesday so here are the knitted monkeys i made for her. now dont laugh. The first one is a complete and total disaster!!! Its supposed to be the PG Tips 'Monkey'. the pattern being the original ITV digibox Monkey . But lets just say that I have actually knitted Monkeys genetically modified evil twin 'monkey-Pig-Thing'!!!!! It just looks really scary and a cross between a monkey and a pig!!! otherwise known as a punky or a mig!!!! The second monkey is felted and I quite like him. Rachel was suitably non-plussed and I have taken the felted monkey myself! good job the yarn for the whole lot only cost £6!
I'm knitting a cushion cover for the lounge as part of the furnishings for when its decorated . I's like to knit all the soft furnishings myself if I can.
I've taken up the lace jacket I started last year but there was a mistake in the back so I've had to undoe miles of lace!!! Plus dear Josh spilt a smoothie in my knitting bag last year. I'd forgotten about it until I frogged a few feet of stiff yarn!! just as well i undid it really!
I've dyed some lovely teal lace for myself. its silk. Silk absolutely stinks when you wet it . Everyone in the house was moaning about how our house smelt like a pig stye!!! I dunno why it pongs quite so much but it does. wet wool smells far less. I've also been doing some dying for presents so no photos of that! I've just soaked some wool now and am off to dye it once I've finished on here. I love dying and the whole process. I love thinking up colour combinations and seeing how it all comes out once its 'cooked'.
As part of the Angel yarns forum Sockathon I've cast on some Jaywalker socks on Kureyon Sock. I just adore this colour combination. The yarn itself feels a bit hard and scaratchy so we shall see how it knits up
and look at these fab vintage patterns I found at the centre that I attend my art class at.I gave them all my old pattrns which I regeret now. Theyw ere 80's patterns. But someone else brought these 60's patterns in so I nabbed them for my collection. If you can see clearly enough on the photo , just look at thoae 2 blokes!!!! Lovely!!
FM
Same old same old I'm afraid. Up and down like a yo-yo. But a little bit improved from the last few eeks. I've had a really busy week. Monday I rested actually. I was supossed to be supervising RAchels cooking for her party on Wednesday night, but Hubby turned up in the kitchen and banished me!!! I just shouted instructions from the lounge whilst I sat and knitted. I've been out to lunch twice this week. Once on Wednesday with Mum and dad to a pub and secondly with my pls on Friday also for a pub lunch. two lots of baguette and chips! naughty me!!! I went for my massage on Tuesday and in between I've mainly rested or lspet on the bed. My legs are killing me and feel like I've just run up 10 flights of stairs.
Last Sunday we were invited up to Leeds to meet up with my cousins which was really nice as I've not seen them for a bout 6 years! considering we're 50 mins away from each other its bad really but we all get caught up with our own lives.
I was only thinking that with FM you really find out who your friends are. I can honestly say that The only people who regularly bother with me are my 2 old school friends Mandy and Karen. I did have a circle of 4 couples who have formed themselves into a clique and I may aswell be invisible. It did used to get me very upset that the 'gang' were all going out and chatting on the phone and not including me, but now I've decided I couldnt give a shit basically. infact I'm not even going to bother phoning them. if they're that concerned about me they know where I am.
Home
We just about survived Rachels party! she was supossed to sort out the food, but guess who ended up sitting in the kitchen like Cinderella !!!By 10am I was sick of the noise and was desperate for some peace and quiet. I was too ill to go out. hubby took Josh to the pictures but I wasnt up to it. ah well! at least its only once a year!
Josh was hilarious when we went to leeds. The family havnt seen him since he was a toddler. They were all going on about how gorgoeus he looked, how he should be a model! Mr vein was in his element strutting around like a peacock!!!! Its been half term but is been O.K. I did offer to have a freind of Josh's sleep over, but I felt so yuk and unable to cope that they stayed at his friends house. Then hubby took him out on business on a train one day which he loved. Last night Rachel wanted the family to go out for a meal for her birthday but she chose Pizza Express. YUk!!! the kids enjoyed it but it wasnt for us adults and it was too noisy. I feel very fat and overstuffed this week 3 meals out!!! its either litterally feast or famine!!! i'll be stuck in for weeks now with no socialising at all.
Plus We made a vat of chilli and a huge sweet and sour chicken for rachels party so I ate chilli virtually every night last week. Good job it wasnt cholesterol testing week!!!!
Sam is home this Friday for the summer. I cant beleive he's had a whole year at uni. it goes so quickly.



9 comments:
I LOVE/ADORE your Punky!!!!! I love your felt primate also! No joke, they are adorable!!!!
Your dyed lace is gorgeous and I love the yarn for your socks and the vintage patterns! Lucky find!
I am sorry about your FM business, I understand about the people in your life, but they deserve to "NOT" know someone as wonderful as you! (I am sticking my tongue out now at them!) Yes, I can be juvenile, haha!
I am glad that you enjoyed your family time. Sorry about that Cinderella bit, it does seem to go with motherhood doesn't it?
Oooooo The dyed silk is gorgeous! What are you going to make with it?
Glad you were able to get out a bit this week. And that you survived the party. No joking that its a good thing they only come around once a year. Of course when there are 3 of them.... ugh.
I think they are both cute ! I love them. Why do you say thez are not well done?
I am fond of your dyed silk !
I love your monkeys! Also really love the laceweight silk - it's gorgeous!
I reskein by winding off the swift onto something (anything), and then back onto the swift at a different size. It's really tedious and takes ages and I'm trying to think of a better way of doing it!
Oh I like Punky best! He is too cute! You're doing a fab job the the dyeing too. The green yarn is stunning.
Just love both monkeys..but Punky most of all. Their expressions made me laugh the minute I saw them!
Have heard similar comments about Kureyon being scratchy, perhaps it will soften with washing. Jaywalker looks super..I really fancy having a go at that but can only find toe up patterns. Can you remember where you found your top down one please?
Blimey!! You have been busy. I like your monkeys - they look ace.
Sorry to hear the FM is 'orrible at the minute. Look after yourself.
Hi Ruth
I sent you an email this aft, just to say a BIG THANK YOU for you know wot.
I think I am really going to enjoy knitting it up the colours are fab, fab, fab.
I love your punky minkey he's so cute.Firts patt attempts don't seem to work somehow but someone out there might love him.
I think you're a very talented dyer and knitter, I'm not a green girl silk must be hard to dye, the colour is stunning.
My frind at my KIP day said your sock yarn was very beautiful, can I she have some please?
Oh yeah the kureyon is fab love their colours.
Did you manage to dig out the Lace hearts shawl I asked about
Post a Comment