Monday, 17 March 2008

Finally.. an F.O!!!




KNITTING

YAY! Finally! its only taken me till MArch and I've finally finished something! My Panda socks

The yarn is Panda Cotton. I loved the 70's style colourway. The yarn is lovely and soft and stretchy BUT My negatives are; It splits as I've found most cottons do and there was barely enough on each ball of yarn for 1 size 5 (English) sock. I had to sew up in black yarn and I really could've done with an extra 1/2 inch in the foot. Still they're lovely and cozy.


Stepping stones is washed and drying ready for pressing. BUT I've noticed ,1, I've sewn 1 sleeve on inside out!!!and the edging band is frilling so I think I' m going to have to undoe the edging and re sew it ! How irritating. The patern did say slightly stretch the band as you sew it on. I've done it the other way round and stretched the jacket!!! I set out with good ideas and always seem to mess them up somehow.

One of my future projects is 2 at a time socks so I bought a couple of books to learn from.



and here is the Kureyon sock yarn I bought a few weeks ago.




I love these colours.

I've cast on a lace scarf- Cats PAws and am doing my vest top for mindless knitting. Hope fully, as this one is in pure wool it wont expand at the alarming rate the Sirdar one did!!!


FM

The exhaustion has been bothering me the last few weeks which means I've not been able to do much. The exhaustion was emotionally linked as we had 3 rough weeks . No prizes for guessing which small nearly 12 year old was responsible for most of it.!

I went to the pain clinic last week and was surprised that he wants to see me again in 3 months. I thought I'd be discharged this time as the patches are working so thats good.

Theres nothing worse that feeling like a boiled dishcloth and just lying there all feeble and 'Victorian 'like! Think I was having the 'vapours'!! I kept chastising myself and saying pull yourself togehter. Most people handle huge emotional strains and dont run out of physical energy. What I have discovered is that since the severe depression I have a coping mechanism now for emotional stress. I seem to switch off. I remain calm becuase I'm totally detached and not taking it all in. But then after a while my brain litterally switches off. Like if your computer freezes and then shuts down. I have to lie in a dark, quiet room and sleep.

I was reading The Rose Of Sebastopol about a Victorian woman and how they didnt cope with any stress and it reminded me of me. Must remember to loosen my stays!!!

The cleaner was ill on Thursday and didnt show. I cleaned 1/2 the kitchen and spent the rest of the day in bed and then Friday I dusted the lounge and the same thing happened. really annoying. Mind you I think I also had a bug as I did feel poorly and my temp was up a bit. That always wiped me out. Saturday I stayed in my PJ's all day and lounged around. that is not like me. since the depression the one thing I always do , even if nothing ele, is get dressed as being in my PJ's all day reminds me of that time.

Oh boy the Fibrofog has def been taking hold this past few eeks. I keep forgetting the nsme of household objects . I couldnt remember the microwave a few days ago. I'm going ' Put your food on .... er.... Whats that thing called (Pointing to Microwave!). I've forgotten so much lately. it must all be tied into stress and the bug. or I'm going doolally!!!!


Home front

Well I'm not going to discuss the reasons for the emotional turmoil here other thatn to say 2 lots involved Josh and 1 lot Sam all following on from each other in 3 weeks.

Josh is hopefully being sorted out at school now. We met with his head of year and he's on a daily report for his behaviour but its focusing on positive things. His behaviour seems to be improving we hope!! I realised that the cause for this disruptive behaviour is the fact that he hasnt made the transiton to high school. Instead of being timid and quiet as I would be if overwhelmed, he's gone the other way and become wild and uncontrolable. His junior school is in the same campus as the high school and he still goes back to see his year 6 teacher at lunch time. She was lovely. very strict, but very motherly and he adored her. he hasnt cut the ties. He doesnt like the big impersonal nature of high school he wants the attention of the one to one at junior school and he's getting the attention negatively. Hopefully things will turn around now. he also still has 'issues' with me and my illness which he's going to gt councelling for.

Rachel got 2 awards at the Prize giving at school . One was for whats known in hebrew as Midot. This translates as character traits. Midot can be positive or negative. Rachel got her award for basically being a lovely person. please God by Joshua!!! She also got one for C.D.T. But its the Midot one I'm most proud of.
At Home Rach is shedding her 'unusually perfect for a teenager ' guise and turning into a 16 year old!!! Mind you she's up to her eyes in G.C.S.E course work, especially art. her art exam is tommorrow and Thursday. The REAl one! eeek!!!! Her art teacher has finally praised her work. Rach was getting rather hacked off with the constant criticism. I think her art is fab, but then I'm totally unbiased!!! HA, hA!!

Last week Josh was quite poorly. he had a flu' type illness with a really hight temp of 40 (104). he kept going bakc to bed which isnt like him. I must have had it too only milder which is why I was so exhausted.

Back to normal this week. Both kids at school. Ours arent off these 2 weeks as Passover doesnt coincide with Easter this year due to a jewish leap year so my lot arnt off till end of April. Sam has finished Uni for 1 month but isnt coming home till this Friday. I think he likes his independence.

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Love those socks!!!! Oh and your new yarn is YUMMY!

I am sorry you have been so tired lately. I wonder why the doc wants you back in three months?

I hope all is well with the smalls and I am glad your son has recovered nicely!

Anonymous said...

I love your socks, the colour is beautiful !they look like the pair on the picture of the book (on the left)
Your Noro yarn is nice too.

I'm sorry you were so tired these past weeks and I hope you'll be better with the arrival of spring. Winters months are not the best for good health perhaps because of the lack of sun.

Glad to read your son is happy in his new school and had recovered from his flu'

belaybunny said...

I love those colours in the socks, and I really like the noro sock yarn - I'm interested to see how it knits up ;)

hope you feel less tired soon.

Anonymous said...

I got Two at a Time socks FREE with my subs to Simply Knitting no more SSS YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE.

the Matzos are a killer my Mum got some from Mr Pilny's when i was a slip of a girl and they tasted like paper, but the kosher chicken soup was nice and I love mrs Besston's Horseradish sauce, yum very nice on the Paska, Easter bread type thing.

Perhaps if Josh could have one-to-one once or twice a week maybe he would calm down a bit. He obviously enjoys attention and is missing it from his fave Teech, maybe he won't be so rebellious if he gets more attention.

Your Fyro sounds a real pain, how do you cope??? I guess you must I wish I could help.