Knitting
referring to the Stepping Stones jacket of course! I had it all sewed up, washed and drying with just the ends to weave in and then it needed pressing. But I had trouble getting the sleeves sewn in. The armholes seemed much bigger thatn the sleeve circumference and the edging was pulling all around the jacket. so I decided , why spoil the ship for a ha'poth of tar. I undid the sleeves and re-measured. For some reason one sleeve was 3 inches too shprt! Then I read the instructions(This always helps!) I should've not sewn up the last 2 1/2 " so that they couild go round the armhole shaping. Doh!!! So I've knitted my 3 extra inches of sleeve, re-done the picot edging, re-sewed it up leaving the gap and ran out of embroidery yarn. tried to sew up in the chenille which is imposible so I've abandoned ot for a few days!!
I always seem to mess up my knitting and I dont seem to like it once its done. I went shopping yeaterday and bought the sewing up thread so I'll pick it up tommorrow and carry on. But then I have to undoe the whole edging which is curling and re-sew it at the right tension! Grrr its so frustrating.
I've been doing some perfectly plain ,mindless knitting, my V-neck tank top. This time in Rowan 4-ply whci is knitting as DK tension for some reason. Must be my knitting. No photos. My batteries have gone.
FM
Gawd I feel so USELESS! I just think I've adjusted to this level of exhaustion and inactivity and whamo! Something happens and I hate it and my situation all over again. So whats irritated me this time? Nothing earthshatering, We've been trying to decorate our lounge and dinning room for about 3 years. cant imagine why its not happened yet! something to do with me being ill, hubby being cheif cook and bottle washer plus only childs taxi driver. he never has time. He fitted a new fire last May and the chimney breast has been half bare ever since! This weekend, as we dont obviuosly celebrate Easter, has been designated 'Decorate the chimney breast and carry on with as much of the room as possible' weekend! So Friday we started stripping the wallpaper. I helped. HA, HA! 'helped'. ten whole minutes of pulling off wallpaper and then my body went. legs, energy , the lot!!! I was so pissed off with it all. Hubby wanted to go to B&Q and buy some stuff. Now if I drove and had energy I could've done it. It just gets me so frustrated as he's a one-man band. We cant afford a decorator so its going to take months of him decorating inbetween ferrying Josh to football, Rach to band practise etc. Sams home and we did request him to help, he managed a bit longer than me, but it was like an 8 years old'Aw do I have too?'
Yesterday I did go shopping into Bury with Rachel on the hunt for bras. We didnt really have too much success but I managed to buy a top and cardi in New Look and Rachel managed to do me out of alot of money on an outfit and makeup!!! My legs were so bad, weak and painful. Obvioulsy I went shopping on my trusty scooter. We went to our fave coffee shop and had cinamon toast and coffee. naughty me! I saw my Mum and Dad in the distance so RAchel ran after them and brought them back to the coffee shop which was nice. Even better, when we got up to go Dad offered to pay for our afternoon tea.
The fibrofog has been really troublesome lately. Last week I couldnt even remember the name of the microwave and was pointing to 'that thing that heats food up'! Also, incase you hadnt noticed spelling seems to be eluding me lately. I just look blankly at words. Something else I've noticed is that I ofetn cant make sense of accents like I used to esp when watching telly. I was watching this new American series..'Dirty, sexy Money and they spoke so fast I couldnt catch it. it just made me exhausted so I gave up.
We have a wedding to go to tonight and I'll have to steel myself for not being annoyed when I cant join in and dance. My legs are so bad today,plus my hips have been locking. When I got out of bed this morning my right knee gave way and a pain shot up my left heel so I was trying to hop about like a Thunderbird puppet singing the Thunderbirds theme. Good job I've a sense of humour!!!
Diet
I did 3 weeks of Slimfast and guess what? I lost exactely....Zilch!!!! I put 1lb on!!! of course this is the much lamented medication balssing thing up. I feel very frustrated by it all. I was only musing about it all on the GL forum I go on. The inital weight gain was obviousely my fault as I comfort ate whilst seriously depressed. BUT my lack of loosing weight now is because of my meds and inability to be very active. I feel as though people are looking at me thinking 'yuk. what a blob'. I feel like wearing a t-shirt with 'I'm only this size because of my meds' printed on it!!! its really disheartening. I've decided to stick to GL as a damage limitaition exercise so that I dont gain any weight. I only have to deviate slightly to gain an lb and then it wont shift. I'll just have to be a wobbly blob for Josh's barmitzvah.
HOmelife
On the home front. Sam is back for a couple of weeks. its lovely having him here but it makes me realise just how independent he is now and is his own man. We cant boss him about the same. having said that I did think he might want to help his Dad decorate, but then he's always been a bit lazy!!
Josh has yet another temp and bug. Poor lad. he was supposed to be going to the pictures with his girlfriend yesterday!! We find this hilarious that our self proclaimed 'babe magnet' has a girlfriend at the age of nearly 12! he was most put out yesterday that he had to cancel and was worried incase she finished with him! ah! Apparently at school, rachel says, he follows his young lady around like a lost sheep!! There has been much use of hair gel , Lynx and aftershave lately!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Hey Cinders....I can totally relate with the undone house projects...In January I painted all of our kitchen cabinets (which was a waaaay bigger undertaking than I thought) well it's all done except for the last two doors which have been sitting there waiting to get done forever. Fibro has a way of sucking up every last ounce of energy that you have and the smallest task seems monumental! Keep your head up...your fireplace will get done when it gets done. and remember you're are not alone out there. There's thousands of us fellow fibromites chugging along right beside you!!!!
hobbz
Hey I'm having a silent auction in a quilt I just finished if you wanna come by and see it, or if you know anyone that likes quilts :) HUGS!
by the way cinders....TAG YOUR IT!
1. Write your own 6 word memoire
2. post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want
3. link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4.tag at least five more blogs with links
5. Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play
hobbz
I too can relate to all the household stuff not getting done, I have CFS and i just don't seem to have enough good days to get things finished. but don't worry, as hobbz said, it'll be done eventually!
How frustrating with the knitting. It'll be better when you go back to it after a few days. Don't so it while you're pee'd off with it.
The Fibro sucks. I think you're amazing with everything you still manage to do.
I am so with you on the "undone" projects! I think you are amazing to get the stuff done that you do!
Sorry about the knitted sleeve! That is one reason I am scared to try anything with a pattern!
I hope you feel much better very soon!
Nightmare on the knitting front. I'm sending you stack loads of energy and all you need to get back to it... you poor thing, just when you think all is done too. x
Knitting is hell sometimes, don't you think. If I'm going to stuff up anywhere it always seems to be the sleeves.
Post a Comment