Friday, 8 February 2008

Parents are useful for some things!!!

General


Last week Sam rang us from Uni. Could dad come over and take him to Cosco to stock up on stuff for J-Soc!!! J-soc is short I think , for Jewish social . its the social organising branch Of the Union Of Jewish Students. Sam Is on the commitee in charge of making sure everyone who wants it gets a Sabbath meal and he organises the Saturday afternoon meal and other events!


See we are useful sometimes!! the weather was iffy last week so we agreed we'd only go over if the Pennines were clear of snow. The M62 is treacherous at the best of times over the top. It can be a heat wave everywhere but you get to the top of the Moors overSaddleworth and it can be foggy, snowing etc!


Sunday arrived. The weather was clear so hubby and I duly trudged over to Leeds to see eldest son. As I said at least e got to see him! After lots of wrangling over who on the committee was actually coming shopping, (committees!!!_too many cheifs..) we ferried him to Cosco. we sat in the cafe and had a mundane lunch(a jacket with tuna-the tuna was ,more mayonnaise than anything and tasted like cement).And let him do his shopping. We then had to take Sam and goods to The jewish students residents and unload. What an exciting day!At least I got my share of hugs and kisses from Sam to keep me going for a few weeks as he's not home till March.



last week was parents eve for Rachel. No probs there, sh'es doing really well.

As for junior monster...Hmmm!!! I was phoned by his form tutor last week to tell me he had detention , yet again this week! I had a good chat to her as we're concerned with buggerlugs behaviour. As his teacher said he's not a horror or saying nasty things or violent. He is silly and immature and just talks and messes around. We also spoke to his head of year at Rachels parents evening and she said the same. He also is hopeless at hiding his antics. He always gets caught. you can guarentee that if 4 boys are throwing erasers around the classroom, he'll be the one whos caught! he has that cheeky twinkle in his eye.

Lets hope he grows out of it soon.

Rachel has been in a foul mood this week and its not hormones. I think its the pressure of exams. She's scowled, bit our heads off and been very un-cooperative.. a normal teenager really!!!



Knitting

I've finished the other front of the jacket and have started a sleeve. Rachel has pinched my camera for her art G.C.S.E so I cant take any snaps.



FM

On the FM front things have really been looking up. I've been able to walk a bit further. I went to Town with Rachel on Satruday and we had lunch at Wagamamas. Yuk!! I wont bother again. We prefer Tampopo for noodles.

I managed to walk around the new bit of the Arndale shopping centre which is very nice and swish.

Mind you today I'm shattered as I couldnt sleep, had to be up for the cleaner, so I've had 4 hours sleep. Then I had to tidy the house a bit so she could clean. although I gave up on Josh's pigstye!!

DIET
this is driving me bonkers. here I am being good on my GL eating plan and I'm not loosing an inch or pound come to that!! Its these blasted meds I know, but its a bit disheartening. I look like I stuff my face all day with fried food, chips, choc etc, but I dont I eat very healthily. Its because I'm not so mobile I think. If I could exercise moe then the weight would move a bit. Sniff wail!! perhap I'm destined to be a fat lump!!
I'm taking part in some research for a dietician who wants to introduce GL eating to the NHS. he wont be pleased with my results then!! heee,HEE



3 comments:

Leigh said...

Don't you love it when your kids appreciate you?

I cannot wait to see your finished knitting project!!

I am so glad to hear you are feeling better!! Hopefully, you will continue on an upward trend!!

I just had to laugh about your diet post! I am wishing you luck, but you just crack me up!!

Fiona Reynolds said...

You should be writing for the Guardian - your daily adventures with your kids would rival the "Living with Teenagers" column.

Fiona Reynolds said...

Hi, again, Cinders - I'm tagging you!

Write 5 facts about yourself, tag 5 people, and link back to the person who tagged you.