Gawd what a week its been especially with Josh. Now theres a surprise! This time he's gone even further. last Sunday we did the rounds of the grandparents. When we got home there was a message from M-I-L to ring. A pack of cigarettes had gone missing from her cupboard! Josh, is a consumate lyer so when he looked me straight in the eye and said he didnt take them, would never do that as footballers cant smoke, I didnt beleive him. In the last half term a box of matches had gone missing which he denied any knowledge of. We found loads of spent matches outside. Him and his friend had bought sweet cigarettes and had been trying to light them.
I searched his room, schoolbag anywhere I could think of and found nothing. Tuesday morning Josh woke up and came out onto the landing talking about the place smelling of stale smoke!!!
'Hmmm, like those you stole from grandma' came my reply. 'Oh no I never took them' said Mr lyer again. Something twigged in Normans brain. He remembered that after we questioned Josh last Sunday he'd found him on his window ledge apparently shutting his window, which was closed anyway! norman went outside and low and behold found the pack of cigarettes thrown at the side of the decking.
The air was blue. I just burst into tears. As they were leaving for school we had to wait to deal with him later. Norman was horribly calm when it came to dealing with him. I wasnt!!! it was just the final straw in a string of lying, taking little things like sweets from Rachel, being constantly devious. apparently, and I still dont beleive Josh, he took them as he didnt want grandma to die from cancer. very plausible as my mum lives with cancer and 2 people very close to her have just died within the space of 3 weeks from it. he's constantly asking me how you get it, how its diagnosed, can kids get it etc. But I just dont beleive him some how over this issue. he's in with a very naughty crowd of kids and has been taking a keen interest in smoking and drinking lately.-Non of us smoke only M-I-L and normans brother but I know once his curiosity is roused he just goes and does whatever he likes with no thought to the consequences.
He ended up grounded indefinitely, which will probably mean 2 weeks as theres no way he's being grounded over the school hols!!!! he drove me mad yesterday as it is. I think it was all attention seeking. The last few weeks we'd been coming down on him hard about his homework and behaviour at school and trying to get him more independent, getting his own supper and drinks. But it always backfires. The minute he perceives me to be drawing away in any shape or form he does something negative to get attention.
today I spoke to my pal and found out something else. Josh has been going to a youth group at a local Synagogue. apparently the kids he's with are revolting. Josh got told off last week by my friends daughter -16- who works there and he told her to Piss off!!! Charming. I sometimes despair. How awful it is to have a child who's known for being a horror. he's had 2 detentions at school in the last 2 weeks fro messing about. he answered a teacher back last week. We never, ever had anything remotely like this with Sam and Rachel. Heylp!!!
Sam came home Tuesday in true student style!!! It was funny and irritating at the same time. wed he got up at 1.30pm and sat on the computer and did nothing to help me. Thursday was the same and he fell into bed at 5am! Friday I lost my temper with him. I need help around the house. he knows that. he's only been away 1 term. I was chatting to a friend today who said, much as you love them and want them home its murder as they're used to doing their own thing and dont fit in with your house rules any more. Plus sam and Josh have killed each other the last 5 days. Anyway Sam has departed to Israel for 9 days to see his girlfriend who is studying there for a gap year.So today has been quiet!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi Cinders, how are you doing? As if your blog post didn't say it all, lol!
Don't worry about young Josh, he is just flexing his little muscles. My boy (now 20) was a total horror of a teenager and caused all sorts of trouble at school. He's now studying AND working and is a relatively upstanding member of the community. It will all come right in the end. Especially, don't worry about the school stuff. Bright kids often don't cope well with authority figures, and most teachers (the ones I've met, anyway) aren't that bright. So once your bright, rebellious child starts standing up to them, they haven't a chance of regaining control. Just take a deep breath and focus on the things about him that please you, like he's feisty and he won't let just anyone tell him what to do. These are great qualities in an adult.
Also I wanted to say thanks for your comments on my blog :-) I'll post a review of the Harmony needles when I've had more practice with them.
Thanks too for the heads up re the CPH discussion on Knitting Daily. The yarn I'm using is RYC Soft Lux (discontinued) and it's pure wool but with a gold metallic thread running through it, which is what gives its sparkle.
Happy holidays to you and all your family.
RachelL/Beelzebub
http;//beelzebubknits.blogspot.com
Post a Comment