Wishing everybody who reads this a healthy and happy year ahead.
2007 was a mixed bag for me,
Positive things
My Husband and kids continue to be my rock and give me lots of wonderful things
I'm no longer depressed
I've carried on knitting and created a few nice things
I've made new friends on various forums I go on
I'm more accepting of the FM and have found ways of coping with it.I have a good survivial strategy
This was the year I travelled a long path of psychology and won and was discharged with good coping strategies and a beleif in myself that I can survive and cope in the big wide world.
Negative
FM -I started the year not being able to walk far and with a stick, but it has deteriorated to the point that I now need a scooter or wheelchair when out.
The FM has altered my life style unbeleivably this last year and it would be very easy to sit back and wallow in it all and become depressed.
Josh's behaviour has been a huge trial this year. But we've ridden the storm and usually solved the imediate crisis.
Both sets of parents continue to have deteriorating health, mostly due to old age.
I've fought and lost a huge battle with my eating and weight.
Resolutions for 2008
To be very strict regarding my diet and stop dieting and eat healthily. Ther in lies the key. I have a hypnosis tape which is re-enforcing some positive beleifs and helping me come to realise and acknowledge my unhealthy eating habits. if the weight doesnt come off it will be due to meds and inactivity but there are 16 months to Josh's Barmitzvah so hopefully I can shed some if not all of the 3 stones I need to loose. getting rid of the mind set that I'm on a diet is very important. I'm now going to eat healthily.
I'm going to carry on Knitting. it is marvellous for building self esteem. it helps me cope with pain and it helps my foggy brain.
I'm going to carry on going swimming and hydrotherapy and managing my pain as best as I can.
KNITTING
On the knitting front I'm working on a Colinette Jacket called Stepping stones. its very intricate and has lots of diff stitches so I'm not bored yet. Its made by joining pieces into one to make the whole jacket so as it builds up its getting quite heavy to hold. I have 200 plus stitches OTN so I'm usins a circ. Its starting to hurt my shoulders and hands but I'm not one for giving up.
FM
Why do I keep kiding myself I'm going to be cured and I keep clutching at straws. when I was on the Butrans patches I had fabulous pain releif. So I thought , hey ,great ,now I'm not in pain I can do loads .I'm cured!!!! But the exhaustion hasnt gone away, as I found out!! I became really angry and dissapointed. This made me very grumpy with everyone.
I stopped the patches as I was out to lunch on them. I had no pain for 1 whole week after stopping the patches, again I thought , Fab! The patches have shut off the pain gateways. perhaps my brain has been re-educated and I wont feel the pain in future!! I even managed a 1 and 1/2 hour walk around The Trafford Centre (huge shopping mall). I woke up today stiff, sore and in pain! its back!! I wonder why it is that when I dont feel pain or exhaustion I immediately begin to hope and also question whether it was so bad in the first place!!
Family
Sam came back from Israel all happy happy and in love . he's spent the rest of the time here asleep or on the computer!!! Norman keeps loosing his temper with him. I just let it ride over my head unless I need Sam to help me with something!
Josh is grounded again! I found the missing cigarettes from M-I-L's pack. They were at the bottom of a rolled up car mat inhis wardrobe. He' says they must've fallen out of the pack!! Norman beleives him! I dont. I went to get some matches to light one and force him to smoke it but he backed away and refused. Josh seems to be enjoying his grounding!!! he's a much nicer person and Norman has taken him to a local park today to use his remote car that he bought with his Chanukah money!! he did ask to go to the Pictures but I refused. Grounding means just that, no treats, no money spent on him until we decide his behaviour warrants it.
Rachel is studying hard for her mocks which start on Wednesday. We've had lots of her friends popping up all holiday. I dont mind them being here at all, but she never asks and then wants one of the boys to stay for tea. The boys all have big appetites and I need notice of they're staying for tea. Or she's turned round at 10pm and asked Norman to drive her somewhere!! Just like that which has caused a few arguments.
We have both sets of parents for New years Dinner tommorrow and Wed nesday they're back to school and Sam goes back to Uni!!!
All in al,its been a good holiday. We've had the party which went very well. we've been to the cinema twice and we're going to a friends house tonight to party. Hope I make it to midnight!!
Bye Bye 2007 and lets hope 2008 is a better year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I am wishing you a very happy and HEALTHY New Year!
Thank you for listening to my email rants.
Happy New Year!
I hope you have a joyful 2008!
Keep knitting!
Happy New Year!
I'm also unhappy with my weight & have lost nearly 2 stone since September by following the Slimming World diet. This has been by diet alone & no additional exercise (I have dogs to walk) so it might be a solution for you. I had to buy a new pair of jeans on Monday as my others fall down if I'm not wearing a belt [VBG]
Happy New Year. The Stepping Stones jacket sounds wonderful.
Post a Comment