Anyway we dont go mad and spend hundreds. I got 'More Brain Training' for DS Which I'd asked for as I've turned into Winnie the Pooh!! A bear of little brain!!! This Fibromyalgia adles the brain and is well documented. I think I'm going senile half the time!!
We gave the kids money except Josh who already had a mobile phone and had been told weeks ago that that was his present.
I bought the kids bits to open as Rachel loves opening a parcel!And Josh was thrilled with his Lynx shower gel and deodorant spray!
A few weeks ago I spent my birthday gift voucher from Get Knitted- And got a pair of sock blockers and some Knit Picks Options
FM
On the FM front its been mixed. Fabulous pain releif from 10 micrograms of Butrans Patches. BUT I've been like a zombie. I've been so drowsy and I've not been able to look at the computer screen or Tv for more than 10 mins then my brain has conked out. I've been lying in a dark room with my head banging. Yesterday was the last straw. We went visiting the Grandparents. After 20 mins I wanted to sleep and could hardlty converse. I've not been like this since The illness and depression first flared up 4 years ago. So last night I decided enough was enough. Luckily the GP had given me the wrong prescription for 5 micrograms so I was wearing 2 patches. I took one off and we'll see what happens.
Considering my mind is haywire, I'm going throuhg a not sleeping phase and I've been aching badly so I was in a very hot bath at 4am Sunday morning and 2 am this morning! Hey ho!
Knitting
On the knitting front I've finished my banana scarf. Its washed, blocked and dried and actually now feels very nice. it still smells a bit so another wash should do it. Dont know how warm it is yet though! I've cast on yet another project. That must be 7 by now!! its my Collinette jacket I bought 18 months ago !!! Its highly detailed so its for when my brain is working , HA<>
General
Sam is home tommorrow for 4 days before he flies to Israel to see his girlfriend. He's so excited. he's not seen her since October. Wish I could have a week on the sun!
We've decided to make a xmas eve party. it was going to be New Year but my friend pipped us to it. Its going to be a pot luck supper. I.e. I've asked everybody to bring a dish with them. If I catered I'd not be at the party!!! I'd be waving from my bed exhausted. We've not had anybody in the house for 4 years so I'm really looking forward to it. Gosh when I think how life has changed. I used to always make dinner parties and if I say so myself I was quite reknowned for making a good do! And we always had a busy social life. Now if we go out once a month its alot!!! Saturday night we ended up with a takeaway
Joshua is getting ruder by the minute. The stuff he comes out with! He doesnt care who he says it infront of including the grandparents. He's obsessed with sex! The trouble is Norman laughs at him so he carries on and gets a reaction. I try and ignore him and just tell him off when he gets carried away. But it is very funny behind his back what that kid doesnt know! When we were at the grandparents yesterday I went on dads computer to search for soemthing for mum. I looked back through the history and found searches for porn, people having sex and bare ladies breasts!!!! These were not my dads searches! The little bugger had been on his grandparents computer looking at rude sites. needless to say mum and dad are getting a child blocker like ours!!!!
Rachel is wonderful as ever. She's studying really hard. Baked a wonderful choc fudge cake to die for- I think my GLing is out of the window right now!!!



7 comments:
Interesting history!!
I am very sorry that your FM is causing such problems. Do you get the FM magazine over there?
I love your birthday gifts!!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. The weirdness will wear off soon re the patches. I dodn't have too many problems with them as I think my body was so used to codeine! When you book tickets for a gig make sure you get disabled tickets as it means they generally put you somewhere so you can use your chair. I tend to only be able to go to venues with seats and take my stick....and always ask the ushery people for lift access etc..can't you tell I've got it down to a fine art?!
Take lots of care
Love n hugs
Mel x
Oh forgot to say, you won't know what you did without your blockers now you've got them! I'd love a set of harmonys but much prefer bamboo to birch! x
Ahhhhhhhh Cinders I didn't realise it was you!! I'd have put in aan extra wee treat if I'd realised! I'm glad you like them anyway :)
What a strugle with the FM, you can't win can you, you either have the physical pain or the conked out brain. Know how you feel as I was on very strong painkillers when I injured my spine, and I was like a total zombie! You do get used to painkillers though after a while - how long have you been on them? You just have to find the right blanace of medication for your body, though it can be a long and frustrating process.
I also try to sit down at gigs, I get a lot of pain if I have to stand still for more than half an hour, that's why I enjoy the theatre and dancing on ice, and that sort of thing rather than gigs. Also it's worth taking one of those wee camping stools that you can carry and fold up and then if you are desperate you can at least rest your legs.
Sorry long comment ;) take care, love Vik xx
Oh I should also add that your birthday pressies look awesome! Sock blockers and knitpicks - woohoo!
Hopefully it's just a phase Josh is going through, and he's just really curious. Also when they're that age they are always competing with mates over who knows more about the "ways of the world" should I say. I'm sure he'll get out of it.
I better not ramble at you any more ;)
Vik xx
Great birthday gifts. Sorry to hear of your trouble with FM, look after yourself.
hi Cinders - i'm laura, "sock guru" for crystal plalace yarns - would love to put your pic up on our blog socksandmore and link to you
email and let me know? proflaura@firststepinternet.com
blessings!
:L
Post a Comment