Monday, 3 December 2007

The Amazing Growing vest Top!

This is the top I knitted for myself in Sirdar Sorrento, a discontinued yarn with cotton. Despite the correct tension it came out Huge. My Mum took the seams in 4 " But it still continues to grow!!! I've hot washed it, tumble dryed it and it still hasnt shrunk!!!! It was supposed to be a deep V neck top to go over my pull on jeans! its unwearable. I've started another one in Wool! lets hope this works out!!!The photo doesnt show the top off too well. its denim looking. ah well!!!


here is the just cast on version

And here is the scarf that I am knitting from the Banana yarn I got in Harrogate. its very unforgiving and heavy so we'll see how it goes. it needs a few more feet and blocking.

FM
on the fm front I'm not doing too badly! For the first time in 3 years I have the best pain releif ever in these 10 microgram Morphine patches. On Friday My cleaner let me down again and I managed to clean the whole of downstairs!!! AMAZING! normally its polish on eroom one day, hoover the next, mop the next etc. I couldnt beleive it and decided I might even be cured!!!! Oh ho,ho!!! I got overexcited. Saturday I managed a small walk around a bit of Asda. Sunday we needed to clean upstairs and iron. so Full of great intentions in my newly 'cured' state I rose up and started helping Josh tidy his pigstye-oh sorry- bedroom! My legs then gave in and so did my energy. AH well. Just goes to show that even with all the therapy, CBt, etc, knowing how to pace, knwoing I'll never be ffree of the FM I still fall into the trap.! Luckily I have the most wonderful hubby and he cleaned all of upstairs and did all the ironong!! he then declared he'd had alovely restful day at home!!! Seriously. This is because , as the only driver, he has to usually on a Sunday , do the bagel run, take Josh to football, ferry Rachel to this friend and that and Band Practise and goodness only knows what else. he never set foot in the car on Sunday and thouroughly enjoyed it. So did I too! I never see him.
Thursday was dry so I tootled off on my scooter into Bury town centre for a Chanukah shop. it was great fun apart from the lack of kerbs coming home from the Metrolink! I had to haul the scooter up a few of them. You dont realise until you're disabled just how bad the kerbs are.
still I went out on my own.
General musing bits.
talking of not seeing people. Rachel seems to have disappeared lately. Since she got Sams old 'pooter in her bedroom she lives upstairs. The difference between her and Sam is that I know she is really studying hard for her G.C.S.E's and not playing games!Sunday, she was in the bath when I woke up, then she went straight into her bedroom. Dunno where I was when she made herself food. Finally at 6pm I walked into her bedroom realising I'd not seen her all day, to give her a hug and say hello!!!! I miss her not being around and miss her lively chatter. But at least she is working
Josh on the other hand... Oh boy!! he's been better than last week when he was up for sale. This week the homework situation has improved slightly, but he's still refusing to do it until 9pm when he's shattered and should be in bed, so he's producing this scrappy mess. We're trying to train him to get his homework done early then he can play, but its hard work getting it to sink in. we had the same with Sam who just wanted to play computer games all night . its drawing a fine line between parenting and letting them take the concequences for not doing homework. Josh is still very immature so he needs directing. Though he's very fickle. he's now collecting some more football cards and wants the album to put them in so he's promised to do all his homework and clean his room thisss week. he probably will too. Then when he's got what he wants we'll be back to the old shouting and screaming.
Sam had his first illness away from home. he phoned us last Sunday night saying he's been throwing up and didnt know what to do. And no it wasnt drink induced. he was shivering too so I reckon he had a bug. of course , bad mother that I am., I forgot to send him off with Calpol, plasters etc, just incase. So he had no Calpol in. he cant swallow tabs. (I've never heard the end of it from my mother! Fancy not sending a first aid box with him) I reassured him and told him to rest, drink plenty and ride it out. Of course my kids dont take after their mother at all-HA<>



3 comments:

Viknits said...

Ooooh I'm really pleased about your FM improving! You'll always have that wall that you just hit and your energy's gone, but if you know your limit and pace yourself, you should hopefully be able to build yourself up very gradually.
Thanks for the comment!

Leigh said...

I love the colors you have used!

I am so glad you are feeling better. I too have FM and last week they added arthritis.

I am really glad that I found your blog. Wishing you all of the best.

PURLPOWER said...

the pain patches sound really good, I hope they keep working for you.